Backpacks & Duffles
Backpacks & Duffles
Learn More About Sports Backpacks & Gym Backpacks
Backpacks, Duffles & Daypacks For School Or Sport
Your backpack or duffle bag helps you prep for the day aheadóso itís essential to find one thatís right for you.
No matter your daily routine, you need a bag that blends utility features with a comfortable, functional design. Bring along your tablet or laptop in a classic backpack or sackpack or tow along your cleats and equipment in sport-specific duffle bags.
Take on the trail with Hiking backpacks, daypacks and frame packs. Heading out for a morning run? Zip up your essentials into a sleek athletic Fanny packs. For more extended outings, turn to hydration packs, which keeps you replenished as you move. Travelers love the convenience of wheeled backpacks, while totes and yoga bags are the perfect solution for your next studio session.
Dry bags are great for boaters and kayakers, offering a safe space to keep your essentials moisture free. And little ones heading to school will love the fun, fresh styles of the latest kidsí backpacks.
Find a new backpack or bag from your favorite brands, including Jansport®, Nike®, The North Face® and Under Armour®.
The straps of your backpacks should be stiff enough to support the weight of your backpack without sagging. Contoured, S-curve straps provide a comfortable, ergonomic fit. Foam in the shoulder and hip belts provides added cushion, while mesh-lined straps keep the bag breathable on your shoulders. Compression-molded straps deliver the best support available.
Before making your purchase, think about how you will use your new bag. Learn more about the different type of bags and packs available at DICKíS Sporting Goods:
- Intended for use by hikers and campers on shorter trails and trips
- Generally soft-backed or frameless
- Lightweight and intended for lighter loads over shorter distances
- Waist belts prevent loads from continually tapping against your back and focus weight on the hips
- Designed for specific sports
- Feature compartments for equipment, footwear and water bottle
- Designed to carry multiple books, papers, travel accessories and more
- Generally soft backed or frameless
- Internal pockets can fit all your gear, many are laptop/ tablet compatible
Internal Frame Packs:
- Internal frame built into the pack behind the shoulder harness gives you a narrow profile, permitting more freedom and movement
- Frames have flat bars or "stays" that can be removed and bent to fit the user
- More flexibility than external packs, they move with your body
- Hugs the body to hold equipment on the hips, giving you better balance and stability
- Compression straps keep loads from shifting inside the pack
- Adjustable suspension system designed for optimal fit
External Frame Packs
- External frame supports heavy loads from attached pack and harness
- Evenly distributes weight between hips and upper back
- External frame packs have a high center of gravity, which has two advantages: It gives excellent weight transfer to the hips and it allows you to walk with a more upright posture
- Cooler to carry in hot temperatures because the pack does not rest against your back, allowing air to circulate. Great for long hikes on hot days
- Designed to provide water while you're on the move
- Users drink water via a tube equipped with a non-leaking valve