Learn More About Resistance Bands
Resistance Bands for Strength and Flexibility
Add a versatile new element to your training gear with high performance resistance bands from DICK’S Sporting Goods. Choose from a wide range of resistance band designs, including light, medium and heavy bands from leading names like SKLZ®, STOTT PILATES®, GoFit®, Fitness Gear® and more.
Exercise bands are lightweight and easy to use, making them an ideal addition to your gym gear or home gym. Whether you’re looking for an innovative way to increase your muscle mass or an effective aid for toning and flexibility exercises, you’ll find dozens of flex band options at DICK’S Sporting Goods.
Resistance bands are popular with athletes in many different sports, providing an array of strength and flexibility benefits. When you’re looking for the right resistance band to help you meet your fitness goals, keep these points in mind:
- Resistance bands are categorized by their resistance level. Light and medium bands are good choices for beginners and for athletes who are recovering from injuries. Heavy and ultra-heavy flex bands are often favored by experienced users and larger athletes.
- Flat bands typically have higher resistance levels, while resistance tubes are generally lower in resistance.
- Many brands use color coding systems to indicate band resistance levels, making it easier to choose the right band during a workout.
- To fully experience the benefits of resistance training, consider a flexibility band kit that includes an assortment of bands in varying sizes and resistance levels. Some kits also include instructional books or videos, helping you find new ways to use your gear.
- Flex bands are especially useful for working out at home, even if you have limited space in which to exercise. The bands take up very little room when not in use, and many resistance band kits include door anchors, allowing you to use a door frame as a base for your training.
- Pair resistance bands with other functional fitness training equipment for a full body workout. You’ll find kettlebells, weighted belts and other specialized equipment that helps improve with everyday movements.