Learn More About Gym & Strength Training Equipment
Strengthen, tone and improve your overall health—weight training is essential to your active lifestyle.
Whether you’re a skilled lifter or just starting your strength-training regimen, discover the gear you need to make your fitness goals a reality. The collection at DICK’S Sporting Goods features state-of-the-art weight-training equipment, weightlifting equipment and fitness accessories. Browse the collection:
- Weight benches help you perform a variety of strength training exercises. They’re versatile, functional and a must-have for any home gym.
- Professional-grade weight training racks and cages help you safely and effectively tackle squats, inclines, declines and military presses—plus so much more.
- Classic Dumbbells and weight sets are a fitness staple for athletes of all skill and strength levels.
- Bodyweights help amplify your current workout routine—so you can maximize your results.
- Home gyms delivers multiple workouts in a single home system.
Shop trusted fitness brands for weight-training and strength-training gear you can count on, like Fitness Gear®, Body-Solid® and Bowflex®.
Strength training benefits athletes of all skill levels. Working out with weights improves bone density, promotes lean muscle and boosts the strength of connective tissue, muscles and tendons. Before taking up a weight-training regimen, you should think about your fitness needs and goals. Are you looking to build lean muscle mass, shed pounds or boost your functional stability?
Many home gym systems are designed to perform a variety of functions and can come with features like leg-curl stations, and bench press stations—must-haves for dedicated power lifters. Consider the amount of space you have when purchasing gym equipment. A large power tower can give you the same workout you’d find at a commercial gym, but simple pull-up bars can be mounted in any doorway—an ideal option where space is limited.
Portable strength-training tools have increased in popularity in recent years. Kettlebells, for example, are designed with a simple, versatile structure that provides a variety of training options for athletes of all skill levels. A weighted vest is a simple way to boost your strength-training workout. And compact hand weights are a great way to enhance your morning jog.
Switch up your weight-training routine to maximize your results—rotate use of bars, bands, free weights and machines alongside your cardio conditioning to keep your workout fresh.
If you’re new to weight training, start slowly to minimize your risk of injury. Remember, using too much weight can negatively impact your form and lead to injury. Always give your muscles time to rest and recover.