Learn More About Exercise Bikes
Cardio Essentials: Exercise Bikes & Bike Trainers
Stationary bikes, exercise bikes and bike trainers help you reach your fitness goals—minus the pricey gym membership.
Biking offers and efficient, low-impact cardio workout, and having your own exercise bicke lets you log miles on your own time. In addition to promoting heart health, exercise bikes help tone abs, calves, glutes and quads—without placing unnecessary stress on joints.
Simulate the feel of the road on an indoor cycling or upright bike, or gain added back support on a recumbent bike. Accessorize for the workout with exercise bike gear, like spinning computers, pedals and bike seats. Find quality in top brands like Sole®, Stamina Products®, ProForm® and more.
There are three basic types of exercise bikes: Indoor cycling bikes mimic the feel and posture of actual cycling. Recumbent bikes provide a more leisurely experience, with extra support and a backrest. Finally, upright bikes are positioned differently than traditional bikes, but do not have a backrest or added support. Keep in mind these factors when selecting an exercise bike:
- Look for a comfortable seat and features like wide pedals and adjustable handlebars. Adjustable resistance features let you boost the intensity of your workout for an experience that simulates a road race or strenuous ride.
- Need a little more support? Browse ergonomic padded, mesh and molded backrests for the feel and level of support you need in the saddle.
- Track vital information in real time with the help of innovative display screens that let you program your workout and monitor your distance traveled, calories burned and more. Many bikes come with clear, vibrant screens for easy programming. Pulse grips track your heart rate as you push the pace.
- Extra features like water bottle holders, built-in cooling fans and smartphone docking help you make the most of your workout.
- Many stationary bikes come with multiple levels of resistance, so you can modify your ride to your fitness needs. Customizable workout options let you ride on preloaded routes, take on hills and valleys, and much more.
- Always consider space when purchasing an exercise bike. Bikes that come with additional features tend to be larger and require more room.
Looking for something else? Explore the entire collection of cardio equipment at DICK’S Sporting Goods.