Learn More About Football Cleats
Gridiron-Ready: Football Cleats For Practice & Play
You need football cleats that work as hard as you do—delivering the right combo of support, stability and locked-in fit.
Get ready for the season with the latest cleat technologies and features. Choose from low and high-top football cleats and a variety of cleat configurations for any field condition.
The latest cleat uppers are low-profile and wrap around the foot for remarkable support. Responsive midsoles and footbeds grant comfort through the final second on the clock. Players should always consult product information for details on their football footwear—many are designed with features that complement specific playing styles.
Shop men’s football cleats and youth football cleats from some of the most trusted brands in football, including Under Armour®, Nike® and adidas®, as well as cleat collections inspired by the pros, like Cam Newton cleats.
Players have two decisions when it comes to football cleats: molded and detachable. The style a player chooses is based on the field conditions they play in, their league's regulations and preference:
- Molded cleats are permanently attached to the shoe. Players usually wear molded cleats for the traction the cleats provide, and their versatility on different playing surfaces.
- Detachable cleats have studs that can be easily changed or replaced. Being able to change the studs is an advantage when playing in uncertain weather conditions. Shorter studs are best for playing on dry ground, while longer studs allow a player to dig in to wet, uncertain surfaces.
- There are a variety of replacement studs a player can buy for his football cleats. Studs can be made of plastic, rubber, or metal-tipped, and come.
Football cleats are made of different synthetic materials, all of which serve different purposes. The following materials are the most common:
- Pebax® is a thermoplastic elastomer that is resistant to impact, harsh weather conditions and flex fatigue. While this material is very light, it also offers great support, is durable, and does not stiffen or weaken in cold weather.
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane is a lightweight, water-resistant material that can withstand extreme temperatures. This durable elastomer can withstand high impact and is more dent resistant than metal.
- Polyurethane is a durable material that has the elasticity of rubber. This material is made to withstand harsh weather conditions. While polyurethane is very flexible, it is also able to withstand high-impact situations.
- Ethyl Vinyl Acetate is a very flexible, but durable, material that is made to withstand extreme cold and heat, and will not crack from stress or age. Also, EVA offers weather-resistance.
- PORON® urethane is a breathable material that forms permeable layers to wick water and perspiration away from your feet. This material is able to withstand and absorb high impact, and will not shrink or weaken with age.
Remember, parents should not purchase youth cleats in a larger size to accommodate your child’s future growth. Cleats that are too large can cause discomfort and pose a higher risk of injury to the player.