Bass Fishing Tackle
Learn More About Bass Fishing Tackle
Bass Fishing Gear to Reel in a Big One
Find all the performance-ready gear you need for your next bass fishing trip.
Pack up your tackle box with bass fishing lures, fishing line and hooks. Gear up with knives, fish-finders and other tools that let you make the most of your next big catch. Shop trusted fishing brands for the gear you can trust, like Berkley®, Rapala®, Strike King®, and more.
Most bass fishing rods are constructed with durable, lightweight graphite. Graphite’s light feel produces exceptional sensitivity, while also providing a high level of durability.
Fishing in heavy cover requires a short rod, heavy line and a lure that does not get hung up. Fishing small spinnerbaits or crankbaits in open water is best accomplished with a longer rod, lighter fishing line and a high-speed reel.
- Casting rods are able to handle heavy line and big lures. This type of rod is suitable for heavy cover and power fishing situations.
- Spinning rods are ideal for particular situations you may encounter while bass fishing, including when you’re finesse fishing.
- Rod and reel combos come ready-to-use and are ideal for beginner bass anglers.
The action of your rod describes its flexibility or stiffness.
- Extra fast rods bend very little and are ideal for fishing heavy cover
- Fast action rods provide both power and flex
- Medium action rods bend near the middle and cast lures with ease
When selecting a bass fishing lure, consider the time of the year. In spring, use lures that mimic a lizard or other creatures that pose a threat to spawning beds. Also consider the size and color of the prey in your specific water and look for the lures that mimic prey.
Bass fishing lures come in a variety of shapes and sizes to account for varying water temperatures, conditions and seasons. Select from stick baits, topwater poppers, grubs, spoons, spinnerbaits and much more.
Choosing the right lure is essential. In general, naturally-colored lures are used in clear water, while murky lures are bold-hued and may contain rattles or sound-producing components.