Defend with Performance Goalie Sticks
What does a goalie need to defend behind the crease? Try powerful goalie sticks, responsive padding and skates crafted remarkable precision. Shop the full goalie collection at DICK’S Sporting Goods for the difference-making equipment every goaltender needs.
Shop hockey goalie skates, sticks, masks, padding and pants—from some of the top brands in the sport, including Reebok®, CCM®, Nike®, Bauer®, Bodyguard Pro® and Skins®.
Browse a collection of the latest hockey technologies for your skill level and give yourself an edge in front of the net. Think padding and protection that delivers an ergonomic fit and breathable, ultra-light materials.
They’re the core set of equipment: Your goalie catcher glove, leg and chest pads and helmet and mask.
Blend in with the ice with white-hued leg padding. Goalie leg pads are available in types: Plastic clips and metal clips. Which is right for you? Plastic clips are easier to open and close and recommended for youth players. Metal clips prove more durable, but are often more difficult to use.
Chest protection is vital for goaltenders, offering a barrier between the puck and your chest and heart areas. Chest pads are typically crafted from nylon wrapped around layers of resilient foam. Despite the name, chest protectors actually safeguard most of the upper body and generally include a clavicle protector, extended shoulder caps and floaters for the biceps.
When shopping for a catch glove, look for a molded, one-piece thumb area and pre-curved palm with individual finger compartments. Masks include a stainless steel or composite wire mesh cage for better peripheral viewing. Your helmet should be built with a durable hard-shell plastic or composite material and deliver a snug yet comfortable fit that does not move once in place.
- Modern goalie masks come in a variety of styles that depend on your personal preference, but all offer superior protection and varying degrees of comfort
- Masks also include a stainless steel or composite wire mesh cage for better peripheral viewing as well as enhanced protection
- Helmets are made of an extremely durable hard-shell plastic or composite similar to a bicycle helmet
- The helmet should fit snugly but comfortably on the head so it does not wiggle
- Sizing differs according to manufacturer, so refer to the sizing indicators on each helmet to determine your proper size. Many helmets are adjustable as well.
After you’ve suited up for the game, step on the ice with the right hockey stick. Your goalie stick is larger and heavier than a player stick, with a wider blade and paddle area. Choose a stick based on your stature. Goalie sticks are always composed of wood.