|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
|Firm's Recall Hotline: (800) 282-2287|
|May 2, 2013|
|CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772|
|CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908|
Louisville Slugger OneX Fastpitch Softball Bats Recalled by Hillerich & Bradsby Due to Injury Hazard from Breakage
Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
- Name of Product: Louisville Slugger® OneX Fastpitch softball bat
- Hazard: The bat’s barrel can separate from the handle during use and strike people nearby.
- Units: About 13,000
- Importer: Hillerich & Bradsby Co. of Louisville, Ky.
- Description: The recalled bats include all OneX style bats. The composite bat has a white and grey shell with blue and yellow lettering. "Louisville Slugger oneX" appears twice on the barrel, in yellow in one place and in blue lettering on the other side. The "X" is yellow in both places.
- Incidents / Injuries: Approximately 170 bat handle separations have been reported to the company. The company is aware of one report of a barrel from a broken bat hitting a player in the shin.
- Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the bat and contact Hillerich & Bradsby for a free replacement bat and the choice of an additional free item.
- Sold at: The bats were sold nationwide at sporting goods, other retail stores and distributed to college amateur competitive softball teams from approximately May 2012 through February 2013 for about $350.
- Manufactured in: China
- Consumer Contact: Hillerich & Bradsby at (800) 282-2287 from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.slugger.com and click on Recall for more information.
A Louisville Slugger oneX bat
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about your experience with the product on SaferProducts.gov
CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of the thousands of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $900 billion annually. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical or mechanical hazard. CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters and household chemicals - contributed to a significant decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
Under federal law, it is illegal to attempt to sell or re-sell a recalled product.
To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury go online to SaferProducts.gov or call CPSC's Hotline at (800) 638-2772 or teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270 for the hearing impaired. Consumers can obtain news release and recall information at www.cpsc.gov, on Twitter @OnSafety or by subscribing to CPSC's free e-mail newsletters.