Learn More About Gun Safes
High-Quality Gun Safes
Shop top deals on gun safes and get the security and peace of mind you need. Choose from the following:
- Field & Stream Gun Safes: Crafted by a trusted brand in hunting and fishing gear, F&S gun safes come in a range of sizes capable of safely housing a personal firearm or up to 16 guns. Shop some of the best prices and highest rated today.
- Long Gun Safes: Also known as a rifle safe, this type of safe often resembles a cabinet and can protect the firearms from fire and unauthorized use depending on the selected features. Browning gun safes normally offer a variety of different features in their line of safes for long guns.
- Handgun Safes & Pistol Safes: Whether you need to protect handguns from unauthorized use or keep your valuables safe, secure your items in a dependable and sturdy personal safe or hand gun safe. Choose from top brands like Sentry Group, Stack-On gun safes and more.
Check back throughout the season for more amazing savings on gun safes from top brands!
How to Choose the Right Gun Safe for Your Needs
Think about the type and number of firearms you need to protect, as well as the type of threat you're trying to eliminate to determine the best gun safe for your needs. Once you've assessed your needs, the following factors and features should be considered:
- Fire Rating: Some safes employ fireboard, drywall or other insulation materials, making these gun safes fire-resistant. Browning gun safes typically feature this construction.
- Metal Thickness: Any gun safe that you consider should have a solid steel door and wall of substantial thickness. Generally the thicker the steel, the better. Pry-resistant doors are also a good feature for increased safety. Keep in mind that increased metal thickness will also increase the weight of your gun safe.
- Entry Convenience: Electronic, biometrically controlled, live locking and combination locks are among the several gun safe locking options.
When purchasing a gun safe, you should choose a safe larger than you currently need. Most people increase the size of their gun collection over time, so consider gun safes that hold more than your current collection.
Over time, mechanical locks on safes can be more reliable. For those looking for a sporting rifle safe, a mechanical lock may be a better option.
Looking for other gun storage options? Check out the assortment of gun cabinets at DICK'S Sporting Goods.