Rated 5 out of 5 by sbig Works just fine
Fits better than I thought and priced right. Comfortable to wear and stops a reasonable amount of noise.
November 14, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Q Not Bad
It was great for the out door range, but needed more sound proof for the indoor range. Great for shooting a rifle or carbine doesnt get in the way of the rifle butt.
November 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by billbent TV Only Due to Wife Uses loud Volume
Yep, she's losing her hearing and I am losing my mind due to TV volume way to high for me!!! I plan to protect my hearing by utilizing Howard Leight Quiet Band Earplugs when firing weapons someday soon.
October 22, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Keith20G My shotgun "Go Too"
So far, I prefer these to every other protection I have tried for shotgun shooting.
(just clay targets so far)
When you have both plugs in, I will agree that the rubbing of the band on your neck or hat can be annoying, but I really don't notice it while I'm shooting. Maybe I'm holding still enough. So I also try to hold still when the others are shooting as well, probably better etiquette that way too.
Another solution is to wear the band over your head. But that is not possible with most hats.
But, when we move from station to station, I take one out of an ear and have none of the rubbing noise issue that I notice. If it is a longer walk, like sporting clays, I leave them around my neck. These don't fall off like the string ones can. I've tied the stringed together buds through the base of my hat, but I still have to find them and get them in before a shooter fires. These are alway quicker to get back in.
Also, I too have noticed times when they do not seem to be as consistently effective.
But I have only really noticed this when I put them in the other ears.
If I make sure the "S curve" of the head band is consistent, I get adequate protection all the time.
I don't know if the foam actually conforms to the right or left ear, or the unit is just designed that way. But it is an observation that has held for me into my third set now.
I prefer these over my headphone type protection for shotguns because they are much cooler to wear (temperature) AND I don't bang against the stock with the muffs.
(Yes, perhaps I lean my head over too much)
I like them so much that I also use them when firing .22 rifles as well.
I haven't tried them with the .556, they may not provide sufficient protection for me.
FYI, With larger caliber pistols, or shooting .22 for points, I tend to use a different custom form fitted ear plug with the electronic muff over them.
What I would like to see is a hat designed with a springlike set of these attached at an affordable price.
I also see on the Howard Leight web page that there should be replaceable ear bud pods for these available somewhere.
Now that I know that I may not beed to buy a fourth pair when this one gets a bit too dirty.
September 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Natice Good quality
great quality for the price... Blocked out pistol "bang"... Used it on a hot day and it was just as effective as the ones that cover the ear...
August 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nacho shooter Easy to use but a little unconfortable
I like this product it is easy to use and very easy to carry, I just did not like the rubbing sound when you have it on. When you turn your head it it gets in the way and its a little uncomfortable.
July 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JohnnyKF Great ear plugs for the price
Very good ear protection for the price, almost as effective as those big earmuffs but more comfortable and out of the way
June 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sara04 Works Great!!!
I have a Traumatic Brain Injury and loud noises, children crying or certain tones can make me go into a paralytic state. These ear plugs reduce the frequency, pitch and noise in your ears, therefore helping to prevent these "episodes" from coming on. I wear them around my neck 90% of the day (the other 10% I'm sleeping!).
June 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ED76 THIS PRODUCT IS VERY LIGHT AND COMFORTABLE
AFTER BUYING THIS PRODUCT I GAVE IT A REAL TEST.I FIRED THREE DIFFERENT 45 CAL HANDGUNS AND AT LEAST 100 ROUNDS.THE NOISE REDUCTION WAS VERY GOOD.I FELT VERY COMFORTABLE WEARING THIS PRODUCT AND I WOULD RECOMEND THEM TO ANY ONE.........ED76
May 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Xraymofo Good ear plugs
Feather light , you will not realize they are on you.
May 7, 2013