Schutt Youth DNA Pro+ Custom Football HelmetItem Number: 11535841
Free Shipping on Select Football Equipment! (See Promotion Details)
The Schutt® Youth Custom DNA Pro+ Football Helmet is the ultimate in comfort and safety on the field. Engineered for the competitive youth player, the Schutt® DNA pro youth helmet features better impact absorption, heat management and antibacterial protection than traditional foam helmets. TPU cushioning withstands thousands of hits without compression sets or deterioration, while the SUREFIT Air Liner provides a secure, custom fit.
- Build your custom football helmet
- Choose: 1. helmet, 2. helmet color, 3. faceguard, 4. faceguard color
- Large standoff design features ample cushioning for superior comfort and protection
- High-impact, ultra-durable ABS plastic shell
- TPU cushioning provides enhanced impact absorption, heat management and antibacterial benefits
- Temperature-resistant foam remains consistent without breaking down like traditional foam
- Includes white chin strap for a better fit and convenience
- Customizable design lets you capture the look of your team
- Meets NOCSAE® standards
- All sales are final on customized products
- Model: VK2027
Color Disclaimer: Please note that photo may vary slightly from actual item in terms of color due to differences in monitors' displays.
- Large ventilation holes and channels circulate air throughout the helmet for heat and moisture management
- Hook-and-loop attachment system locks inflation valves in place for easy and consistent alignment
- AiR Maxx TPU jaw pad provides a combination of complete protection and ventilated comfort
- SUREFIT Air Liner features two inflation ports for precise, custom fit and ultimate comfort on the field
- SUREFIT slots allow for the fitting of chin straps along the inside of the helmet
- TPU cushioning with hygienic properties resists mold, mildew, fungus and bacteria for long-term wear
- Faceguard mounting system closely resembles and performs like traditional nose bumpers
- Schutt recommends to inflate your SUREFIT Air Liner with the Schutt Football Helmet Air Pump, available to purchase separately (online ID: 4129418)
SCHUTT HELMET FITTING GUIDE:
- A properly fitted helmet is an important first step in player protection. To determine head size, wrap a cloth measuring tape around the circumference of the player's head. Measure approximately 1" above the player's eyebrows at the widest point. Record measurement and refer to chart below:
SCHUTT DNA PRO+ YOUTH CUSTOM HELMET SIZE CHART:
- SMALL: Hat Size - up to 6.5"; Circumference - 19" - 20.5"
- MEDIUM: Hat Size - 6.5" - 7"; Circumference - 20.5" - 22"
- LARGE: Hat Size - 7" - 7.5"; Circumference - 22" - 23.5"
- X-LARGE: Hat Size - 7.5" - 8"; Circumference - 23.5" - 25"
- NOTE: If measurement falls between helmet sizes, choose the smaller size
CHECKING FOR A PROPER HELMET FIT:
- Interlock hands on top of helmet and press down - player should feel pressure on crown of their head, not their brow
- Skin of the forehead should move with the front pad
- Front of helmet should be about 1" above the eyebrows
- Jaw pads should feel firm against their face
- There should be no room for twisting
- To avoid injury or discomfort, never wear a helmet positioned too high or too low
ADJUSTING THE CHIN STRAP:
- Tighten all four straps evenly until secure and lock buckles into place
- Cup should be centered and snug over their chin
- Adjust chin strap until cup is firmly pressed against their chin
- When buckled, helmet should feel comfortable and snug
Country Of Origin: United States
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 10 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 by griharold VERY GOOD PRODUCT QUALITY MATERIAL, SHAPE, INTERNAL PROTECTION, THE EASY HANDLING, THE VERSATILITY OF COLORS AND AFFIRM Q MASK IS A VERY GOOD PRODUCT. THANKS October 20, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by coach/parent Great Purchase I purchased this helmet for my 12 yr old son. He plays in a very competive hard hitting youth football league. As a parent, safety is my main concern. Concusion related injuries are too common. As a parent and coach we strive to teach our kids that a helmet is for protection and not a weapon. The DNA Pro meets all the expectations for safety that a parent can excpect. The Schutt helment seems to have a better fit for youth than other competiors, and seems to have more padding. The gel is cool and comfortable. My son was able to try on differnt sizes of the exact helmet at Dick's Sporting goods. The sales person was very helpful with getting the correct fit It was fun picking this helmet out with my son and allowing him to select the color and type of face mask. We are very happy with this purchase. It took about 1 week to receive the helmet, once it was ordered. August 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by n/a After further review... Helmet was shipped in a very timely manner. Only problem is dont think it fits properly. Gentleman at store measured my sons head to get accurate size, but I think it is a bit off. So I have a helmet that I am sure doesnt fit. It fits a little loose and I am not sure what to do from here. December 18, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by COR Football Helmet For my son December 16, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by jimmy cooney Its the best helmet and the best one out It is so comfortble and my son says its so protective.My son plays for strongvielle and hes going to play jv and there are some hard hitters so this is a good helmet for kids. November 19, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by Blindside other helmets are a joke This is by far the best helmet there is. It's comfortible, lightweight, good looking, and high in protection. I wouldn't get anything else. However, after a while, it'll get an odor, it also can get pretty heavy when your tired.So, if you need a helmet... This is it. November 10, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by BIG D safety first, good helmet for my 8 yrold convenient with ordering the color and specs needed for sons football team. easy to assemble and my 8 year old is happy with comfort October 20, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by GA Dawg Yes, it's worth it... My son is 8 and is starting his third year of tackle football. We play in a very competetive league and their are some big hitters on every team. This helmet must be working well because he has been the initiator and the receiver of some big impacts (relative to the age). I always question him about how he felt after a big tackle or after getting put on his back. He swears that he has never had a headache or felt dizzy. This helmet is packed with technology that you will not find in Rec Dept issued equipment. Schutt has an excellent website that provides a ton of technical data about this helmet and all of the models. August 31, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by the wiz kid very nice helmet I was issued this helmet for my football team and its a nice fit comfortable. And takes the blow so you dont have to. August 6, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by jballah working great Son says its very comfortable August 4, 2011
1-10 of 10