Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 5 out of 5 by LegoFisher Lots of Options
Bought this box to actually store lots of small Lego pieces. Thinking about going back and getting one for fishing too. Enjoyed it more as I used it.
* Lots of dividers to customize each of the sections. Various sized sub-boxes allow for detailed organization. Each one can be set up differently. You can even buy others and swap depending on what you want to carry that day.
* Inside the lid is another angled section which not only encourages things to stay in, but is also valuable if things get wet, where water would flow away from items stored. There are two small drain holes in the back corners. They also include a watertight plastic container in the main compartment.
* Biggest, topmost insert has a section (FTO Elite utility box) that would be great for actual fishing supplies. If not used for that, it allows for long items, like small tools, pliers, screwdriver, utility knives, etc. Again, lots of options.
* To top it off, there is a small pouch on the backside which fits odd-shaped items. We have used it for snack bars and drinks, but could fit a pair of gloves or other quick access items.
* Overall, 5 stars. Price could be lower, but you get lots of room. Quality could be improved with sturdier latches on smaller doors, but they are good enough to hold the sub-boxes in and with the angled guide rails they will probably stay in even without the doors.
January 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Guitar Man Too expensive
This tackle box replaced and old Plano tray box. Overall in functions very well. I am concerned that the plastic latches will fail especially once the sun's UV rays start breaking it down. It is very expensive, my opinion, at about $ 70.00 from Dick's.
July 16, 2012