Riddell Youth Revolution Speed Custom Football Helmet
Customize your best helmet with the Riddell® Revolution Speed Custom Youth Football Helmet. Inflatable S-pads, an inflatable back, neck and side liner, and an exclusive High-Impact ABS shell provides excellent protection. A mid hook-up soft cup chin strap and built-in T-nut wrench are included for easy assembly. Meets NOSCAE® standards.
BUILD YOUR OWN CUSTOM FOOTBALL HELMET AND CHOOSE YOUR:
- Helmet Size
- Helmet Color
- Facemask Model
- Facemask Color
- Aggressive Shell with oversized vent holes, allowing more air circulation
- Quick Release face guard system cuts removal time by 50%
- Inflatable S-pads, back, neck and side liner
- Moisture-resistant, antibacterial overliner that is removable offers long-lasting wear
- High-Impact ABS Shell with a 3-year manufacturer warranty, exclusive to Riddell®
- Oversized vent holes increased breathability
- "No rust" stainless steel hardware
- Mid hook-up soft cup chin strap
- Push-in valve retainers and plugs
- Built in T-nut wrench
- Inflation required
- Helmet pump required to inflate pads inside the helmet (pump sold separately)
- U.S. Patent #'s 6,934,971 and 7,240,376 and other's pending
- Meets NOCSAE® standards
- Model: RDSPEED
- A properly fitted helmet is an important first step in player protection. To determine head size, wrap a cloth measuring tape around the circumference of the player's head. Measure approximately 1" above the player's eyebrows. Record measurement and refer to chart below:
- SMALL: Hat Size - up to 6-1/2"; Circumference - up to 20-3/8"
- MEDIUM: Hat Size - 6-1/2" - 7"; Circumference - 20-3/8" - 22"
- LARGE: Hat Size - 7" - 7-1/2"; Circumference - 22" - 23-1/2"
- X-LARGE: Hat Size - 7-1/2" and up; Circumference - 23-1/2" and up
- NOTE: If measurement falls between helmet sizes, choose the smaller size
- Interlock hands on top of helmet and press down - player should feel pressure on crown of their head, not their brow
- Skin of the forehead should move with the front pad
- Front of helmet should be about 1" above the eyebrows
- Jaw pads should feel firm against their face
- There should be no room for twisting
- If the helmet slides easily over the forehead, inflate liners or try a smaller helmet
- To avoid injury or discomfort, never wear a helmet positioned too high or too low
- Buckle top and bottom chin strap into snaps
- Cup should be centered and snug over their chin
- Adjust chin strap until cup is firmly pressed against their chin
- When buckled, helmet should feel comfortable and snug
Color NOTICE: Please note that photo may vary slightly from actual item in terms of color due to differences in monitors' displays.
RIDDELL FITTING GUIDE:
RIDDELL SPEED YOUTH CUSTOM HELMET SIZE CHART:
CHECKING FOR A PROPER HELMET FIT:
ADJUSTING THE CHIN STRAP:
For additional information relating to the Manufacturer's Warranty, please contact 1-888-681-1717.
Country of Origin: United StatesWeb ID: 12729963
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 38 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Yreme Much lighter than the 360 We first ordered the 360 but the helmet was so heavy (5 pounds) we had to return it. This helmet is much lighter. According to my son not as comfortable as the 360. The interior padding has two spots to pump and adjust where the 360 has three. I think if he was older we would go with the 360, it's a safer helmet if the neck is more developed to carry that much weight. At this age, 9, the speed appears to be the best available. One note the 360 came with a pump, this one did not. May 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by flash Very comfortable Bought for my son who plays mighty-mite. The ability to customize the fit with the air pump, makes the helmet alot more comfortable than the issued helmets. Hopefully it will also reduce concusions as indicated August 19, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hawks21 Great helmet My 11 yr old loves it. Well vented, comfortable, and the air bladder(s) create and excellent custom fit. June 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Football Safe helmet Received quickly and very satisfied. Would order from this company again September 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by RB Great product Good product, exactly as advertised and shipped from the warehouse quicker than indicated on the website. Took 10 total days to receive including 4 days of UPS Ground. September 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by ccompton2 Nice Helmet Really great quality helmet that will last for years August 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Panther Coach Awesome Helmet Five star rated helmet from researchers at Virginia tech. Our son suffered a concussion last season so we wanted to get a helmet that was quality and carried a higher percentage against injury. Understand no helmet can actually prevent concussions, but the technology in this helmet was far better than that of lesser helmets. If you care as much about concussion prevention spend a little more for your child and get this. You get what you pay for. August 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Smiley Very pleased Had to return a helmet and the customer service associate Joe was awesome. He provided all my cares and concerns and in a very efficient time. He was very friendly and was able to exchange helmet without a 5 day wait period. Thanks for great customer service!! July 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Football mom Love it!! I am greatly impressed with this helmet. My son has been playing youth football for many years and this helmet beats all others. He loves it and says he doesn't really feel any impact when he is hit now. August 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chaparro excellent helmet. My 9 year old son was using another league helmet, and he told me that it hurt his head and with this Ridell says he does not feel anything. August 9, 2013