Rated 2.5 out of 5 by 6
Rated 1 out of 5 by 1970El-CaminoSS It does not work!!!!!
Bought it, put in brand new Alkaline 1.5v batteries. Pressed down on the "A" button until "HI" appears in the LED display as directed in the instructions. Nothing happens. Tried several times and still does not work.
January 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Coach GOOD TRAINER
There are tons of negative reviews for this product out there so I was hesitant. We've had it for about 2 weeks and I'm really happy with it. We have it set up on the ground behind a throw-back net for baseball and the guys love it. Thoughts:
1. Some say it works better with leather than synthetic cover balls - i haven't noticed this
2. It doesn't read every pitch, you need to throw strikes and it still may not read them all but you'll get most.
3. The more you throw straight at it the better it reads, balls up in the zone read slower
4. The buttons aren't hard to push, my 8 year old can do it.
5. I don't think it's very accurate, pretty sure it reads slow...but it's consistent which is the main thing for me - I bought it so my pitchers can see progress, not so they can know exactly how fast they're throwing.
Overall I think (especially for the price) it's a great training tool. Keep the receipt if it doesn't hold up or meet expectations just return it, right? Dicks is really good about that stuff so there's no risk. Give it a try the players love it, your buddies will too.
October 16, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by slider Readings are inaccurate and inconsistent
I was skeptical about the accuracy for the price, but decided to try the product. Product will not read closer 12 mph of calibrated radar gun. Big disappointment. I should have heeded my first instinct..
August 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by NanaM Very helpful tool for softball.
My grandson asked for this as a birthday gift to aide him with his hitting.
July 18, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Chris Poor Quality
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my sons who play lacrosse. The unit worked pretty well for about a week, then it stopped functioning altogether. I am very disappointed to say the least. $100 is a lot to pay for a product that only works for 2 weeks.
March 8, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by cv40jp Buy a regular radargun
The concept is good but the unit has to be adjusted way too much to get consistant readings. can be frustrating when adjusting min speed. save the extra hundred bucks and buy a traditional unit then pay someone to hold it for you.
February 8, 2013