MTI Adult Fluid Belt Pack/Life Vest
- Receive 20% off Select Life Vests with Purchase of any Boat or Standup Paddleboard!! Must add Both Products to Cart.
Put on the unique and versatile MTI® Adult Fluid Belt Pack/Life Vest and forget that you're wearing it. Perfect for stand-up paddleboarding, the Fluid Belt features a simple-to-use pull cord that activates a CO2 cartridge to release a life jacket from the pouch. The vest is tethered to the belt pack so it can be easily slipped on over your head. It's the perfect way to stay safe out on the water without being held back by a bulky PFD.
- Belt-pack PFD, perfect for stand-up paddleboarding
- Simply pull the cord to activate the CO2 cartridge and release the life jacket from the pouch
- Life vest is tethered to the belt pack so you can simply slip it over your head
- Bladder features fold lines for easy re-packing
- Includes safety whistle
- Material: Soft polyester shell
- Built-in window shows green, letting you know the life vest is ready to use!
- USCG: Type III
- Buoyancy: 26 lbs 2 oz
- Sizing: Adult Universal (30"-52")
- User weight: More than 80 lbs
- Rearm kit: Leland 24 g CO2 with bayonet
- MTI Adventurewear
Country of Origin: ImportedWeb ID: 18083446
Rated 3 out of 5 by 2 reviewers.
Rated 1 out of 5 by NorPol Uncomfortable buckle for sit-in kayaks and poor CO2 cartridge design I bought this for sit-in kayaking to avoid having a bulky PFD that restricts your movement or rubs while paddling. I also wanted a device that could be used by other family members (we have one kayak to share). I found it easy to attach like a belt and adjust, however I found a bit uncomfortable with the buckle in my back while sitting in the kayak. My first problem with this device was that the plastic ring on the CO2 cartridge broke lose the first time I tried to arm the pack and the built-in window for visual confirmation of CO2 cylinder connection and readiness still showed red. The ring is supposed to push in four white plastic pins and the window should turn green if the CO2 cartridge is ready for deployment. I don't know if the PDF will still work without these pins being pushed in or if it is only needed to verify if the CO cartridge is full. I don't want to waste $20 on a new cartridge by testing it to find out and I would like to be able to always know if the cartridge is OK without having to manually press the four plastic pins. Although the intended use is for lake kayaking where the most likely scenario of having to deploy the PFD is if you flip the kayak around and fall in the water, this device would NOT save you if you got knocked unconscious since you manually have to inflate and put the vest over your head after it deploys. For these reasons, I will return the PFD and give it bottom score. September 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by IGC excellent for stand up paddle boarding I love this. Put it on and then I forget about it. But I know that if I get in trouble. I have something that could save my life. November 27, 2013
1-2 of 2