adidas Men's Supernova Glide 5 Running Shoe
So Far So Good
I am a fomer runner (25+ weekly) who has been struggling to return to the fold, but have constantly suffered pain at the bottom of my foot through the arch. I've tried a few different shoes and slowly building mileage, but have re-experienced the pain.
Based upon reviews from multiple sources, I decided to give the Supernova 5 a try.
I have only run for a couple of weeks in the shoes, but I like the shoes quite a bit up to this point.
1. Very comfortable -- no seams, laces up snuggly, no heel slippage, fits true to size.
2. Noticeably firm in stride without feeling overly rigid (if you know what I mean). I'm a fairly neutral runner with a decent mid-foot stride, so maybe it doesn't matter so much. I do "feel" a difference though.
3. Cannot comment on durability due to relatively light use so far.
4. Definitely a warm weather shoe. When I have run in 40 degree weather, I could absolutely feel the cold coming through the tops of the shoes.
5. Price seems pretty reasonable for the quality of the shoe when compared to the other shoes on the market.
At this point, I would purchase these shoes again.
March 29, 2013