Leland 85-Piece Neon Trout Magnet Kit
Fish all day with the Leland® 85-Piece Neon Trout Magnet Kit - a collection of 85 essential Trout Magnet pieces. For best results, the Trout Magnet body should be tight to the shad-dart jig head, with the hook coming out the split of the tail. Make sure the body is straight on the hook. For the best action, use 2 lb. test line and a 2 lb. fluorocarbon leader. For moving water, use one B or BB split shot about 12-14 in. above the Trout Magnet.
TWO RECOMMENDED METHODS:
- A collection of some of the best neon body colors for trout baits
- Includes 85 pieces of Trout Magnet lures
- Model: 87659
- Leland's Lures
- Split-Tail Grub Bodies: 10 Mealworm Gold, 10 Bubblegum, 10 Opaque Chartreuse, 10 Chartreuse/Orange, 10 Black/Green, 10 Pink, and 10 White
- 1/64 oz. Size 8 Hooks: 5 Gold, 5 Black, and 5 Silver
TWO RECOMMENDED METHODS:
- Deadly drifted under an E-Z trout float. Adjust E-Z trout float to allow the trout magnet to drift a few inches off the bottom. Drift trout magnet naturally with current, set hook when float goes under. This is the preferred and most common technique used by Leland's ® pro-staff.
- Do not jig the lure. Use constant small twitches of the rod tip (1-3") and reel just enough to keep the lure off the bottom. Never let the trout magnet touch the bottom. Stay upstream of the fish you are fishing for, use a quartering cast to sweep the trout magnet in front of the fish.
Country of Origin: United StatesWeb ID: 19557816
Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 11 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by hewptee they take some practice I started buying these and all my friends made fun of them. Now, everyone I go trout fishing with uses them religiously!!! I find they work best with an extremely ultra light setup using 2 lb test which helps you cast them. If your setup is to heavy, you can't cast them far at all. I like them without the float, but I've seen people catch trout using that as well. These lures turn fishing into catching. March 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by troutstalker A must have Always a favorite of mine. Doesn't matter if you jig it with or with out a float you're always gonna catch fish. Trout love them, so do crappie and even bass hit em! April 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by timtide13 trout magnets are awesome I love these lil things. The trout tear them up, But so do the crappie and bluegill. February 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DAWGBOR 055 WRONG NAME ON KIT I WILL NOT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THEM.CRAPPIES,BASS, BLUEGILLS,PERCH;THEY ALL LOVE EM July 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Craig The product is good for the price. The product was of a suitable quality for the price paid. May 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by David Not that great I was in an area full of trout and neither my son or myself even had a bite and we could see them. I switched to something else and had success. April 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scotty Trout Magnets Rock This kit makes it easy to reel in the big ones. Different jig heads and colored lures in one easy place. Fits nicely in my vest pocket. When the fish stop biting one lure, simply change the color and cast again. February 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by idahoflyfisher excellent price for a great product great for ice fishing - haven't tried these in other situations. I don't think you will find a better price anywhere February 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by James Trout magnet Caught a couple fish with the mags, but no trout. Just a few blue gills and one small mouth. They're also to light to cast with and if you throw a weight on it, it won't perform the proper way intended in the water May 10, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by samzam2001 BUY THIS PRODUCT! These trout magnets work on almost every fish. I catch bass, trout, crappies, and many other fish using this bait. It is a must buy. May 9, 2015