Diamondback Adult Insight 2 Performance Hybrid Bike 2014Item Number: 26709026
Price: $499.99 $549.99*
You save: $50.00 (9%)
You save: $50.00 (9%)
Free In-Store Bike Assembly when purchased online or in-store. Click link below for details.
Perfect for your daily commute or weekend recreation, the Diamondback® Adult Insight 2 Performance Hybrid Bike offers a versatile ride. The butted aluminum frame and Alloy Aero straight blade fork can handle tough trails. Get in gear for hills or flats with the Shimano crankset and 8 speed shifters. Stay agile yet stable on 700c wheels.
Click here to learn more about Free In-Store Bike Assembly
- Frame Sizes: 16", 18", 20" 22"
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Frame: Insight 6061-T6 Butted Aluminum Performance Hybrid with Formed / Hooded Top Tube, Integrated Headtube, Vertical Compliance Stays, (VCS), replaceable derailleur hanger
- Fork: Insight integrated Aero Alloy straight blade, Cro-mo Steerer
- Rear Shock: N/A
- Headset: Integrated "Cane Creek" Size Drop-in ACB 1 1/8"
- Cranks: Shimano FCM131 with chainguard, 28/38/48t
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Front Derailleur: Shimano FDM-191
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera
- Cog Set: Shimano HG-31 8spd Cassette (11-32t)
- Shifter: Shimano EF-51 Easyfire 8spd
- Chain: KMC-Z82
- Hub (F): 32h Alloy QR
- Hub (R): 32h Alloy QR Cassette
- Spokes: Black 14g Stainless Steel
- Rims: 32h Equation R23 Doublewall
- Tires: Kenda Kwick Trax 700x32c
- Brakes: Alloy Linear
- Brake Levers: Shimano EF-51
- Pedals: DB Toe Clip Compatible Platform
- Handlebar: DB 31.8mm low rise Alloy
- Grips: Diamondback® Dual Density Comfort Grip
- Stem: DB 3D Forged 7° 31.8mm
- Seat: DB Performance Hybrid with Gel
- Seat post: Alloy Micro Adjust 27.2mm
- Extras: Owner's manual, Chainstay Protector, Clear Coat, H20 bottle mounts
- Style: 02-14-3120
DISCLAIMER: A bicycle is a complex piece of equipment that must be properly assembled and maintained in order to be ridden safely. We strongly recommend that you consult a professional bicycle mechanic to properly assemble, repair, and maintain the bicycle. DICK'S Sporting Goods will provide free in-store assembly service by a certified technician for any bicycle purchased in our stores or on our website (proof of purchase required). If you choose to assemble the bicycle yourself, DICK'S Sporting Goods will not be held responsible for injuries or damages resulting from improper assembly. Please contact your local store to arrange assembly service.
Country Of Origin: China
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 3 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by randellio Love the bike Love the bike, perfect in every respect, and the in-store assembly was spot on, Kadeem the mechanic tuned the derailleurs until the bike was stone silent running, the way it should be, and he did it on the spot when I brought it in. Very satisfied with every aspect. July 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by shaun Diamondback Adult Insight 2 Performance Hybrid Bike 2014 Came with a foreign manual.... front brakes squeak a bit....need adjusted ....overall I love the bike. June 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by OutdoorEnthusiast88 Fantastic Hybrid for the Price!! I recently bought this bike ahead of the Spring rush to buy bikes and I got it on a big sale weekend! I wanted to get the blue 2013 model, but my store couldn't order one so I got this shiny new red 2014 one. This bike is very fast, much faster than my old Trek 3500, and is as light as a feather, even lighter than the Trek Hybrid that sells for $550 without shocks. I typically use the bike to commute a couple of miles to work each day plus I have done some gravel greenway trails without a single problem. When you buy the bike, DSG will tune it up and fit you to the bike specifically so it shifts like a dream and is a blast to ride! I actually look forward to my next ride on it! The tech who was working on the bike mentioned how incredibly tight the spokes were and how the frame made a beautiful ping sound when you hit the forks with your finger. Basically it means the frame is extremely rigid and built to last. If you can get the 2013 model, then do it to save some money as the only difference between the 2013 and 2014 model is the sizing is now standard 16,18, 20, ect instead of the old 17, 19, ect. Also the shifters are slightly different with the models as the 2014 has the triggers which I prefer and the 2013 has the easyfire pull tabs under the brake handle. This was an outstanding buy and I have no issues with it thus far!! Going to take her on a coastal beach ride as soon as the weather warms up some more up here in New England! April 28, 2014
1-3 of 3