Field & Stream Men's Trophy Hunter GORE-TEX 800g Field Boot
Should've looked more
This is my first and probably last pair of Field and Stream's. I am an outside technician so I am always on my feet and in alot of differen't enviroments. The past 3 pair I have bought have been Rocky's and have had resonably good success. I went the cheaper route the last time (about 10 months ago) and thought I would try these. One thing that I required is Gore-Tex, I swear by that! The boots have done well with the Gore-Tex, the insulation is 800mg, and feels like about 100 now. My biggest complaint is the soles, they are shot. Not broken, but completely worn, not the best in slippery weather conditions. These boots are good for someone wearing them occasionally, but not everyday. I am going to spend atleast double and get the 1400mg Rockys or try another expensive brand. I have found you do get what you pay for in boots.
February 6, 2013
Good Price for a decent pair of boots.
I bought these boots for a few reasons:
- I needed a pair of decent boots
- I wanted to have a pair of boots that were Water Proof (not just labeled as "Water Proof").
- Trade in for a pair of Lugz Boots I purchased; because, I thought: they were a higher cut boot; which, is another reason I bought these and traded the other ones in...
Pros/Cons of: Field & Stream Men's Trophy Hunter GORE-TEX 800g Field Boots
- You can wear these boots with a Medium Wool Sock and still be comfortable.
- Comes in a Wide Sole Boot (which, if you're a guy like me this comes in handy).
- Lives up to it's name (I've field tested these boots in all terrains possible this Winter and... Being in Ohio HA! Yeah, you're going to need something on the warmer side of life).
- You can wear a Thicker Pair of Wool socks with these (still comfortable)
- Rather breathable (when you're on your feet for several hours at a time, going on hikes, etc. You don't want something that doesn't breathe now do you?)
- Laces do come untied (Note: only if not tied properly common mistake that happens while wearing these boots).
- Wearing a pair of regular cotton socks aren't your friend here... (Here's why: they'll actually make the boot feel a lot bigger to the point it's extremely uncomfortable to wear; which, is annoying at times).
- Although, wearing a thicker pair of wool socks is good; however, at the same time? They will make it possible for the Gor-Tex within these boots to make your feet overly warm...
I hope this helps you out a little more about these boots.
January 21, 2013
This is a great pair of boots.
The price is right and they are well constructed. I especially like the goodyear welt sole feature. I wear these boots everyday and have found them to be very durable.
January 21, 2013
Tougher than my axe, and warm, too!
Bought my first pair of these boots last year, before a cold-weather hunting and camping trip. After a year of use both hunting and shoveling snow, I was very happy with their warmth and comfort. When standing in snow, I usually run chemical toe warmers and my tootsies are always warm. Also impressed that my soles and ankles stay warm, too. The Gore Tex liners work great to keep my feet dry even when I work up a sweat. If you didn't know, water pulls heat away from your body 25x faster than air -- that's why dry feet stay warmer than soggy feet.
This past December, while on our annual hunting and camping trip, I was splitting firewood with an axe. Had a glancing blow off a log, and impacted my boot over my outer 2 toes. The hit was hard enough to bruise my toes, but the leather stopped the blade before it cut through the inner liner of my boot. While not rated as axe-proof, the thickness and quality of the leather gave me enough protection to prevent a tragedy.
Bought my second pair of these boots a week later, in early January of 2013. Stomping through the snow looking for bunnies, they have proven to be just as warm and comfortable as the first pair, now relegated to only shoveling snow and standing around the fire in camp.
First pair were size 12, fitting well with tube socks. Wanting to avoid the bother of toe warmers, my second pair are a size larger to accommodate thicker, wool socks. After only one hunt, I'm happy with my decision. Still, I think I will run toe warmers, too, if the temps slide into single digits.
Not only would I recommend these boots, I have recommended them to my hunting/camping buddies. After seeing what happened in camp, they've said they would buy them for themselves if they were in the market for a pair of hunting boots.
January 18, 2013
the best pair of boots i've ever owned. warm, dry and comfortable
January 15, 2013
So far I am pleased with product. It was what I had been looking for for quite sometime.
January 15, 2013
Great work boot
I bought these boots for Christmas for my 15 year old. He loves the boots, the only complaint he has is after the 2nd day the boot laces had already started falling apart. They started to unravel, I've already had to buy him a new set of laces. Besides that he loves them.
January 7, 2013
Great Boots for the Money!
I bought these for hunting since my last pair of boots (not this brand) didn't provide good insulation and my feet often got wet. These boots keep my feet dry and warm. I highly recommend these boots. They also look good enough to wear when I'm not hunting.
December 30, 2012
I wore these boots year around for three years. They held up well for the money. They just started leaking at the end of the second winter while continuously standing in water or snow. They are warm and breathable. I was always comfortable in these boots and a pair of wool socks. I am buying another pair now.
December 22, 2012
My Grandson loves his new boots and now, with the snow coming, he'll get areal chance to try them out! Oh yeah, great price, too!
December 20, 2012