PENN Spinfisher V Bail-less Spinning Reel
The PENN® Spinfisher V Bail-less Spinning Reel is designed to be the most reliable and powerful spinning reel on the market. This bail-less reel has a full metal body and sideplate with corrosion protection that seals in key spots to prevent saltwater damage. The Slammer® Drag System doubles max drag pressure for anglers battling it out in rough conditions. Get the power and quality you need with the PENN® SSV.
- Bail-less model of the workhorse SSV
- Slammer® Drag System has 3 HT-100 drag washers for smoothness and longevity
- Full metal body and sideplate help keep gears aligned
- Line capacity rings lets you know how much line you have left
- New thicker heavy duty aluminum bail wire adds strength and durability
- 5 Shielded stainless steel bearing system for corrosion protection
- Friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
- Stainless steel mainshaft and alloy main gear
- Enhanced gear ratios on smaller sizes
- Model: SSV6500BLS
- Gear Ratio: 5.6:1
- Mono Line Capacity (yd/lb): 330/12, 300/15, 210/20
- Braid Line Capacity (yd/lb): 430/30, 340/40, 280/50
- Max Drag: 30 lbs.
- Inches per Turn: 39"
- Bearings: 5+1
- Retrieve: Interchangeable
- Weight: 23 oz.
Country of Origin: ChinaWeb ID: 29987636
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 3 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Trawlman An inexpensive yet quality bail-less reel I am a strong advocate of "bail-less" reels and have been for over 50 years. After having owned a " top end" bail-less" reel I was a bit disappointed by some of the basic design features. All of my other "bail-less"were reels that I had converted from reels that had the standard "flip over" type of bail that is in common use. After seeing a Penn bail-less reel I decided to give it a try. I've only owned the reel for less than a month but have already given it a good field test on Striped Bass and Bluefish. The reel has a good basic design, good balance, a smooth drag system and a good spool profile. I filled the spool with 15 # Mono with 170 yds of 30 # braid as a working line. At this point my only request would be for Penn to offer the same style in one size smaller for my lighter rods. October 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by BeastFisher the best I have this reel and I love all its actions. Very smooth and light weight yet strong and durable. It's sealed so you can drop it in the sand, cover it with more sand and it will be just fine. Love this reel. June 15, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by PAPPY Great to look at. The shaft needs to be adjusted in order to reach the line with your finger. Most people hold the rod with two fingers on either side of the reel shaft. I have a large hand and need to place three fingers in front of the shaft to reach the line. November 18, 2014
1-3 of 3