Schutt Youth Vengeance DCT Hybrid+ Custom Football Helmet 2014Item Number: 34266406
Free Shipping on Custom Helmets!! (See Promotion Details)
Boasting all the same benefits and features of the Vengeance Hybrid plus ultra-soft SUREFIT™ liner, the 2014 Schutt® Vengeance Hybrid+ Football Helmet is completely customizable to coordinate with your team's colors. The Schutt® Youth D3O Vengeance DCT Hybrid+ Custom Football Helmet features dual-compression TPU to absorb both high- and low-speed hits. The Twist Off Release System makes it easier to remove or attach the facemask.
BUILD YOUR OWN CUSTOM FOOTBALL HELMET AND CHOOSE YOUR:
- Helmet Size
- Helmet Color
- Facemask Model
- Facemask Color
- High-powered ABS Vengeance shell for ultimate protection and durability
- Features all the benefits of the Vengeance Hybrid with added SUREFIT™ liner
- SUREFIT™ AiR liner features TPU on the front and D3O™ on the back to ensure maximum comfort and fit
- Hybrid patented cushioning system for advanced impact absorption
- Mechanically-attached TPU offers superior impact protection, hygienics and heat management
- D3O™ features a soft, flexible molecular structure that locks upon impact and disperses energy, reducing the amount of force felt
- Single layer, dual-compression TPU absorbs both high-speed hits as well as low-speed hits that occur in every play
- Twist Off Release System eliminates upper loop straps, making it easier and faster to attach or remove the facemask
- Flexural Resistance back shell design increases strength and impact absorption in the back of the helmet
- Includes 1-1/8" AiR Maxx TPU Jaw pads and a youth soft-cup chinstrap
- Offset raised eyebrow facemask increases protection
- Valve attachment
- Meets NOCSAE® standards
- All sales are final on customized products
- Made and assembled in the USA
- Model: 204581
Color NOTICE: Please note that photo may vary slightly from actual item in terms of color due to differences in monitors' displays.
SCHUTT HELMET FITTING GUIDE:
- A properly fitted helmet is an important first step in player protection. To determine head size, wrap a cloth measuring tape around the circumference of the player's head. Measure approximately 1" above the player's eyebrows at the widest point. Record measurement and refer to chart below:
SCHUTT VENGEANCE HYBRID+ YOUTH CUSTOM HELMET SIZE CHART:
- S - Hat Size: 6" - 6-1/2"; Circumference: 19" - 20-1/2"
- M - Hat Size: 6-1/2" - 7"; Circumference: 20-1/2" - 22"
- L - Hat Size: 7" - 7-1/2"; Circumference: 22" - 23-1/2"
- XL - Hat Size: 7-1/2" - 8"; Circumference: 23-1/2" - 25"
- NOTE: If measurement falls between helmet sizes, choose the smaller size
CHECKING FOR A PROPER HELMET FIT:
- Interlock hands on top of helmet and press down - player should feel pressure on crown of their head, not their brow
- Skin of the forehead should move with the front pad
- Front of helmet should be about 1" above the eyebrows
- Jaw pads should feel firm against their face
- There should be no room for twisting
- To avoid injury or discomfort, never wear a helmet positioned too high or too low
ADJUSTING THE CHIN STRAP:
- Tighten all straps evenly until secure and lock buckles into place
- Cup should be centered and snug over their chin
- Adjust chin strap until cup is firmly pressed against their chin
- When buckled, helmet should feel comfortable and snug
Country Of Origin: United States
Rated 4 out of 5 by 3 reviewers.
Rated 2 out of 5 by rolltide6030 Be very careful when sizing! This is the third time I have ordered a helmet on line (the others being Riddell), and I have never had the trouble with the sizing until this time. I went by Schutt's instructions, measured his head, and ordered accordingly (a youth large). The helmet was WAY too big. No matter how much air we pumped into it, it was not even close to fitting. So, I reordered a youth medium. This helmet arrived yesterday, and it is VERY tight. He can put it on, but just barely. I'm just hoping some of the padding will compress eventually, so that he can actually use this helmet. August 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by robertcall3 Exactly as expected and quick delivery. The helmet was exactly what we expected. A great piece of equipment at a mid-range price. Ordered on Monday afternoon and delivered on Friday. August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by asbinder Great helmet/great service First, the helmet. It's first class. The padding is quality all the way. It appears to fit my boy's head perfectly. He didn't get that feeling with the inflated models by Schutt and other brands. I do understand that the idea of an inflatable is that we can custom fit it after the purchase. Finding out that the air still doesn't cut it once the helmet's home is too late for me. Then, from a safety stand-point, I'd rather not have to wonder if the helmet was deflating during play and the kid, wrapped up in the sport, was unaware. So fixed padding won. If you're wondering how we fit the boy in the first place, we found a store (not Dicks, by the way) that sold this model but not in the color combination we wanted. THEN we ordered it. Finally, and not that it matters one bit in the end, the helmet is sharp to look at. Schutt produces it with clean lines and Dicks finishes up with customized color combinations. Good stuff. Now then, about the service. Really, the only points I wish to cover are delivery time and packaging. Delivery was estimated at two to three weeks. My boy was wearing his helmet in a week. This is NOT to say I'd count on that speedy a delivery. Still, it was a nice surprise. The packaging was good for the product. UPS beat it up some, as is par for the course, but the helmet was unaffected. All in all, this has been a good experience from both product and service perspectives. August 6, 2014
1-3 of 3