Spend More Time Outdoors With Screen Canopies & Shelters
Discover a new picnic-perfect, portable canopy for your next get-together or tailgate.
From a beach shelter for the sand to a team shelter for the stands, select from a variety of structures, features and materials for the pop-up canopy that matches your adventure. Closed-in screen rooms are great for entertaining at the campground. Instant canopies make setting up the backyard barbeque a breeze.
Before you make your purchase, think about how you’ll be using your canopy or screen-in room:
- Pop-up or instant canopies are constructed of lightweight materials for simple assembly. These mild-weather canopies can be set up in a matter of minutes. They usually come with ground stakes.
- The sturdiness of your canopy depends in large part on the materials used. If you’re just getting some shade on the beach, opt for a lightweight structure. Canopies used for longer events should be specially designed for extended use.
- Beach shelters are designed for lounging ocean-side in the sand. For added utility, choose a shelter with sun-resistant vinyl. And your team can cool off on the benches beneath a team shelter, designed for use on the sidelines.
Shop trusted outdoor brands like E-Z Up®, Quest® and Coleman®. Browse all canopy tents and find top-rated products like the Quest 10x10 canopy.
When purchasing your new canopy, shelter or screened-in room, you should consider two essential components: the frame and the tarp or covering.
- Polyester tarps are durable and water-resistant, but not waterproof. If you’re setting up a semi-permanent structure, look for a polyethylene tarp. This material is both waterproof and UV-ray resistant. Polyethylene canopies with vinyl coating are also flame-retarding.
- Steel frames are sturdy and ultra-durable, but heavy. If you’re looking for a structure that’s easy to carry, look for an aluminum frame. This material is resistant to corrosion and rust but does not handle well in windy conditions.
Next, think about the different kinds of canopy shelters available. Heading to the beach? Take shade under a seaside quick draw shelter. They take moments to set up and provide much-needed shade in the sand. Three-sided canopies give you added coverage and privacy. You can keep bugs from crashing the party with a four-wall, screened-in shelter. Many come with zippered or magnet closures.
For versatility, go for a standard canopy with no walls—they deliver shade without restricting your ability to move around at your next backyard barbeque.
Looking for more? Browse all outdoor equipment like coolers, folding tables and more from DICK'S Sporting Goods.