Your Golf Buying Guide: Learn More About Golf Clubs
The right golf clubs and make or break your game on the course. So select from the industry-leading golf club collection at DICK’S Sporting Goods for equipment that’s right for your game.
Outfit your bag with all the essentials:
- Golf drivers that help you launch it off the tee like never before.
- Fairway woods that deliver the breakthrough distance and trajectory you need.
- Irons for maximum playability.
- Putters for pinpoint accuracy on your shot.
Select from clubs designed for specific methods of play and characteristics on the field. New adjustability settings allow you to dial in your club for a more customized game. Shop the brands experienced golfers trusted, including PING®, TaylorMade® and Callaway®.
Determine your ability level before selecting your clubs. Golfers are generally divided into three categories, based on ability levels: low handicap, mid handicap and high handicap. Your handicap is your performance against the par on a course, usually in relation to a par 72 course.
- Low Handicap Golfers should opt for a driver and at least one fairway wood, most likely the 3-wood. These players can benefit from lower irons in their bag.
- Mid Handicap Golfer might try a driver, a three-wood and a 5-wood for better control and consistency than harder-to-hit long irons. For irons, try a pitching wedge and irons 3 through 9.
- High Handicap Golfers may opt to play without the driver in their bag. Instead, try a 3-wood.