Learn More About Ice Fishing Shelters
Ice fishing shelters keep you covered from the elements when you’re out in the cold. And the latest models are designed for complete utility.
Withstand Mother Nature in ice fishing tents constructed from ultra-durable, weather-resistant materials, and get the precise amount of square footage you need, for one or multiple anglers. Shop trusted ice fishing gear from top brands, including Clam Outdoors®, Eskimo®, and Frabill®.
Stay out in harsh weather, longer. The latest ice fishing shelters come are designed for easy setup and take-down, and come with a variety of common-sense features, including extra space for storage.
Ice fishing shelters, and the extra features that come with them, help you make the most of your fishing expedition. So keep in mind these details when selecting your shelter:
- Your shelter should have an insulated top, which helps lock heat within the structure.
- Go for heavy-duty fabric that is fire-retardant, windproof and waterproof.
- Reflective piping along the exterior provides safety in low-light.
- Keep your electronics gear safe with an interior shelf and zippered compartments.
- For ease of use, consider a tent with multiple doors and windows. Heavy duty zippers help retain warmth within the structure.
- Choose a tent with tie-downs and/or anchors to secure your structure in windy conditions.
Always consult product information for specifics on your shelter. Most modern ice fishing shelters are built with a lightweight, portable design. A carry bag adds extra convenience.
Size is essential for your tent. Consider both the headroom, or interior height of your shelter, as well as the maximum fishing area.
When not in use, try to store your fishing shelter within its plastic case or tote bag with mothballs or laundry sheets. Always give your tent time to full dry out before storing it. Stock up your outing with the entire collection of ice fishing gear at DICK’S Sporting Goods.