Learn More About Kids’ Outdoor Soccer Cleats
Your budding soccer star will rule the match in the latest outdoor soccer cleats for kids.
Kids’ soccer cleats should offer adequate stability, support and cushion to keep them comfortable on their feet. Many of the latest styles for kids come with the same technology the pros use on the pitch.
They’ll stand out on the field in vivid colors and designs for both boys and girls. Shop popular soccer brands, including Nike®, PUMA®, adidas® and more or browse all kids' cleats from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Suit them up for the big match with soccer cleats that provide comfort, stability and traction. Think about these factors when buying a new soccer boot: Molded cleats are great for youth soccer players. These versatile cleats come affixed, or molded, to the bottom of the shoe’s outsole. Kids can wear them on a variety of field conditions.
- Many cleats are made of TPU, or thermoplastic polyurethane. This hard plastic material provides great multi-directional traction on the field. Always consult league requirements before purchasing new cleats. Many leagues, for example, bar use of metal studs.
- Soccer cleats should have a low-profile upper, which promotes better feel and touch of the ball. Some uppers are texturized to better grip the ball.
- Soccer cleats should fit more snugly than regular athletic shoes, but remember, they will be wearing thick soccer socks during practice and play.
- Inner sock liners provide added comfort and a better fit. Many wick away moisture.
- Comfort is key for kids. So choose a soccer boot that’s lined with foam padding to absorb and disperse shock.
No matter their age or skill level, each soccer player has unique preferences when it comes to their cleats. Think about the position your child is playing on the field when you’re shopping.
Goalkeepers need soccer cleats with excellent lateral traction, while wingers need a lightweight shoe that allows them to quickly accelerate and change direction. Midfielders should choose a shoe that has excellent control and traction, while forwards need a lightweight, multipurpose cleat.
Always consult product information when selecting your child’s soccer shoe. If your child is playing inside, shop the collection of kids’ indoor soccer cleats.