Men's Running Shoes
Learn More About Men's Running Shoes
Want to elevate your running regimen? Start with the right pair of men’s running shoes from DICK’S Sporting Goods.
Whether you’re a seasoned marathoner, sprinter or trail-runner, the proper running shoes give you speed, comfort and resilience on every mile. Select from a variety of technologies, features and materials. Shop men’s neutral running shoes, men’s stability running shoes, men's lightweight running shoes and men’s motion-control running shoes.
It’s time to refresh your running routine with the help of DICK’S Sporting Goods. Learn more about the anatomy of your running shoes for men:
- The soft body of your shoe is the upper. The upper often blends multiple materials. Responsive knit fabrics deliver a second-skin fit to your foot—ideal for sprinters and minimalist runners. Mesh inserts or perforated panels along the upper provide much-needed breathability.
- Your running shoe should be outfitted with an internal sockliner. An inner liner enhances the fit of your shoe. Many liners are crafted with moisture-wicking fabrics, which work to lift sweat from skin to keep you fresh.
- The midsole of your running shoe provides cushioning, and in certain shoe types, helps better distribute weight in your shoe. Keep in mind padding when examining the midsole of your new shoe. Lightweight foam or EVA provides contoured and light padding.
- The bottom layer of your shoe is called the outsole. The outsole provides grip, stability and impact absorption—all critical factors for runners. Outsoles with flexible grooves are designed to provide a more natural gait. Trail-running shoes should have denser outsoles. Lugs and traction-maximizing patterns provide better grip.
With a precise level of cushion, support, tread and breathability you can stay focused on the course ahead. Shop popular running brands like Nike®, Brooks®, Mizuno® and Sketchers® or browse collections like the men's Nike Free 5.0 for more.
Examining the mechanics of your run will help you select the right pair of men's running shoes.
- Consider the movement of your foot while on the run. Runners seeking to counterbalance an inward or outward roll of the heel should seek shoes that provide an increased level of support.
- Neutral shoes: Preserve your natural gait in lightweight footwear that provides increased shock absorption along your course.
- Stability shoes: For runners who experience a mild to moderate inward roll of the foot, this shoe offers additional midsole cushioning and support that curbs the foot's tendency to roll.
- Motion control shoes: This category of athletic shoe offers maximum reinforced stability and support designed to prevent an exaggerated inward roll of the foot.