Season Essentials: How To Buy Men’s Winter Clothes & Gear
Layering for the cold should never mean sacrificing performance. This season, step out in the right men’s winter clothes and gear from DICK’S Sporting Goods.
From burly men’s winter jackets
to thermal winter running apparel, find the garb you need to feel and perform your best in the winter months. The latest men’s winter clothes are equipped with modern cold-weather technology and smart design—so you can take on Mother Nature when she’s at her worst.
Pick up men’s sweatshirts and hoodies, baselayers and snow gear for your next winter journey. Shop brands you can trust, including The North Face®, Columbia® and Marmot®.
Dressing for winter-weather workouts and journeys can be especially challenging—you need gear that warms and protects yet allows you to move comfortably. Whether you’re carving up powder or working in the cold, keep these tips in mind when you’re buying men’s winter clothes:
- For workouts, layering is key. Start off with sleek-fitting men’s baselayers or cold-weather compression pieces. Layer over sweatshirts and running pants, and if needed, sport outerwear for extra protection. Running in the cold? It’s a good idea to dress for temperatures that are 15 to 20 degrees warmer than the actual temperature.
- Don’t forget about moisture-wicking technology! men’s sweatshirts, hoodies and baselayers that properly manage moisture.
- Moisture-protection is a critical factor in the winter months. Men’s winter jackets come with varying degrees of waterproofness, ranging from lightly water-resistant fabrics to fully waterproofed garments. Keep in mind that garments that are totally waterproofed lack breathability.
- Reinforced seams and abrasion-resistant fabrics ensure your gear can stand up to wintry weather. Men’s winter athletic apparel should be designed with stretchable fabrics and articulated seams, so you can maintain your full range of movement.
- Accessories are your secret weapon to ruling winter. Keep warm with beanies, winter hats, scarves, gaiters and balaclavas. You can find insulated gloves for maximum protection or sleek running gloves for a more lightweight feel. Men’s wool socks are especially cozy when the temperatures drop.
- Always stock up on season essentials, like fleece shirts, waterproof jackets and insulated vests.
Looking for more? Outfit for every season with the full collection of men’s athletic apparel at DICK’S Sporting Goods.