St. Croix Rods
Learn More About St. Croix Rods
St. Croix Rods & Apparel for performance on the water
Head to the shore with performance-crafted St. Croix fishing rods.
From freshwater at the lake to the salty air of the seashore, find equipment best-suited for your environment, game fish and skill level. St. Croix rods, reels and accessories are designed with the latest angling technology-so you can bring in your catch with ease.
Relish your time by the water with gear from this leading fishing brand. Explore the collection:
- St. Croix Freshwater Fishing Gear
- St. Croix Saltwater Fishing Gear
- St. Croix Fly Rods
- St. Croix Ice Fishing
Looking for more? Shop the entire collection of fishing rods from DICK'S Sporting Goods so you can reel in a big one.
Get advanced design and performance with traditional craftsmanship. St. Croix fishing rods offer the right balance of strength and sensitivity on the water. From high-performance bass rods to distance-maximizing saltwater models, shop the entire St. Croix collection.
Keep in mind these details:
- Fiberglass rods are great for beginners. They require little maintenance and offer adequate strength on the water.
- Advanced anglers often go for graphite rods, with blend superior strength with lightweight feel. These agile rods perform well in most fishing situations.
- St. Croix rods are classified by their power. Select from rods ranging from ultra-light to ultra-heavy power. Different rod powers help you handle a specific range of lure weights and line sizes. For example, a saltwater angler may opt for a rod with increased power.
- The action of your rod denotes where it flexes along the bank. Fast action rods flex near the tip, while slow action rods flex in the butt section.
- St. Croix fishing apparel is designed for a lightweight, relaxed fit that keeps you comfortable during your fishing trip.
St. Croix fishing rods can be categorized as casting, conventional and spinning rods. Learn more:
- Casting/Conventional Rods: Designed to have the reel and guides on the top, casting rods are effective for anglers looking to cast several hundred times during a fishing trip.
- Spinning Rods: Ranges in length from 5 to 8 feet, positioning the reel and guides on the bottom of the pole to provide smooth, accurate casts.
- Saltwater Casting/Conventional rods: The reel and line are located on top of the rod, and the trigger grip lets you securely clutch the rod while releasing the thumb bar.