Strength Training for Women
NOW: $79.99 (20% off!)WAS: $99.99*
Learn More About Strength Training for Women
Strength-Training For Women: Weights & More
Strength-training should be a fundamental part of any women’s fitness regimen. This exercise method helps with weight loss, bone health, heart health—and can even improve coordination and balance.
And the strength-training tools at DICK’S Sporting Goods help you get the complete workout you need, whether you’re at home or at the gym. Select from a variety of women’s strength-training equipment, including kettlebells, medicine balls, weighted vests and even adjustable dumbbell sets.
Shop top women’s strength-training brands including Fitness Gear&Reg;, Body Solid® and more for equipment you can count on.
Keep in mind these factors when selecting strength-training gear for women:
- Kettlebells and medicine balls are versatile and easy to use. They’re a great alternative to traditional dumbbells. You can use these tools to isolate muscle groups. Kettlebells can offer an especially challenging workout, as their center of gravity is positioned away from the handle.
- Wearable weights can help you add a strength-training element to your run. Sport a pair of wrist or ankle weights or pull on a weighted vest to up the resistance in your workout.
- Home gyms give you the full-body training you need—minus the gym membership. Select from a variety of weight-training options with these machines.
Remember, weight training isn’t necessarily about lifting weights. A variety of tools, including medicine balls, wearable weights and kettlebells, can help you achieve a well-rounded, challenging workout. The benefits of weight training for women include:
- Individuals with more muscle mass have a higher metabolic rate, according to the Centers for Disease Control, helping them better maintain their weight.
- Strength-training can increase flexibility, coordination and balance during daily activities.
- Strength-training can boost bone density and decrease the risk of fractures for women older than 50, according to the CDC.
For more, shop the entire exercise equipment collection at DICK’S Sporting Goods.