Shipping FAQs & Information
How Are Shipping Costs Determined
Normal parcel items (not oversize) delivered via standard shipping will have $5.99 flat-rate shipping applied to the entire cart.
For items that ship via parcel oversize or truck delivery, there will be a per-unit shipping charge based on size and weight.
In your shopping cart, you’ll see your estimated shipping cost, which is based on the lowest price shipping method available. If you select a different shipping method or live outside of the contiguous United States, your actual shipping cost may be higher.
Back To Top
Where Does DICK’S Sporting Goods Ship?
- The 48 continental states, Alaska and Hawaii are eligible for standard, expedited and express shipping
- APO/FPO addresses, PO boxes and US territories Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands are eligible for standard shipping, with final mile delivery by the US Postal Service
Back To Top
When Will My Order Ship?
Your full delivery timeframe includes both processing and shipping time. Factors such as item availability, processing time, ship method and item’s final destination are used to determine your Estimated Delivery Date.
If processing time exceeds two days, the estimated time—in business days—will be provided on the product’s page. Business days are Monday to Friday and do not include federal holidays within the United States.
Processing time may vary based on how your item is being shipped and where it is being fulfilled. Some items require extra processing time, including personalized items, customized items, fitness equipment and presale merchandise. Orders placed outside of regular business hours may require additional processing time. Shipping time is the time it takes after an item leaves the warehouse to the time arrives at your door.
Items ordered from Dicks.com may ship from more than one location and in multiple packages. You will receive multiple shipping confirmations and tracking for each individual shipment.
Want to get your item as soon as possible? Consider purchasing through our Buy Online, Pick Up in Store program. Most products are available two hours after completing your online purchase.
Back To Top
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
Small items include products like apparel and footwear. Three shipping methods are available:
- Standard Shipping: 3–6 business days
- $5.99 flat-rate shipping will be applied to the entire cart if the same delivery option is chosen for all products
- Expedited Shipping: 2 business days
- Express Shipping: 1 business day
Please Note: If you select expedited or express shipping, your order must be received and credit must be approved by 12 p.m. EST or it may not be processed until the next business day. Expedited shipping is available for select products only. You can view complete shipping options for your product in your shopping cart.
- Large items do not qualify for standard flat-rate shipping
- Some large items, referred to as parcel oversize, still have standard, expedited and express shipping options
- Other large items, such as treadmills, gun safes and basketball hoops, will require truck delivery method
Truck Delivery Method
These large and heavy products cannot be sent by traditional package delivery and must be shipped via a large-item carrier.
After the carrier receives your order, they will contact you to schedule a delivery time. Typically, carriers require a minimum four-hour window for delivery. An adult older than age 18 must be present and available to sign for the delivery.
Specialized delivery and/or installation options are provided for the following select products:
- Gun Safes: Select between Threshold Delivery and Room-Of-Choice Delivery options.
- Portable Basketball Hoops: Select between Curbside Delivery and Delivery & Installation options.
Large-item shipping methods include:
- Curbside Delivery: Your item will be delivered curbside via standard freight. Drivers do not assist in the assembly of your product. If you select this method, we recommend you have someone to help you bring your item indoors.
- Threshold Delivery: Your item will be delivered just over the first threshold of your building. If stairs are required to access this threshold, you should select Room-of-Choice Delivery.
- Room-of-Choice Delivery: Your item will be delivered into the room of your choice, including one flight of stairs up or down.
- Delivery & Assembly: The assembly process will then be scheduled and completed by an assembly provider, who will contact you by phone within 24–48 hours after your purchase. Your product will be delivered via standard ground shipment, through UPS or FedEx, into the room or location of your choice, including one flight of stairs up or down. Your product will then be unpacked and fully assembled or installed. All packaging will be removed after the assembly or installation is complete.
Back To Top
How Can I Track My Shipment?
You can view the status of your shipment by visiting our Track Your Order page.
Tracking availability varies based on the types of items you purchased, your selected shipping method and the carrier(s) of your order.
It may take one to two business days for the tracking number that you receive to be active in the carrier’s system. This means your tracking number may not provide updates for up to 48 hours. If two business days have passed after receiving your tracking number and you are still unable to track your order, please contact Customer Service.
Back To Top
What If I Never Received My Order?
Occasionally packages may become lost in transit, delivered to an incorrect address, arrive in separate packages or left in a different location at your home. Log in to My Account and select Order Status.
If your order is past the estimated delivery date or has been marked as delivered but cannot be located, please contact Customer Service for assistance
Back To Top