Simple Kettlebell Moves, Explained
These basic, step-by-step kettlebell moves can help you tone at home.
Five Simple Exercises to Tone Up Your Biceps
Add this targeted routine into your weekly workout repertoire.
The Difference Between a Slam, Wall and Medicine Ball
Discover the differences between these three types of weighted workout accessories.
How to Do a Box Jump
Learn how to develop your power and speed with these Pro Tips on how to do the box jump.
How to Do a Deadlift
The deadlift can help improve your total body strength. Learn how to introduce this strength training exercise into your workout.
Learn More About Gym Equipment & Strength Training
Ready to Work Out: Gym Equipment & Strength Training Gear
Get after your goals with weight machines, gym equipment and strength training gear from DICK’S Sporting Goods.
Whether you’re a skilled weightlifter or just starting your strength-training regimen, grab the gear you need to make your fitness goals a reality. DICK'S has state-of-the-art weight-training equipment, fitness accessories and weights and free weights. Browse all of our products to read product descriptions and reviews and more!
Browse these complete collections:
- Bench Press & Weight Benches: Benches help you perform a variety of strength-training exercises. They’re versatile, functional and a must-have for any home gym.
- Smith Machines & Squat Racks: Professional-grade weight-training racks and cages help you tackle squats, inclines, declines and military presses, plus so much more.
- Dumbbells & Dumbbell Sets & Weight Sets: These fitness staples are perfect for athletes of all skill and strength levels and help you easily customize your home workout.
- Weighted Vests & Body Weights: Vests and adjustable wrist and ankle weights help amplify your current workout routine, so you can maximize your results.
- Home Gym Equipment: One single home system can replace multiple pieces of smaller gym equipment, so you can take on a variety of workouts.
Shop trusted fitness brands for weight-training and strength-training gear you can count on, including Fitness Gear®, Body-Solid® and Bowflex®. Browse ETHOS® training equipment for a variety of commercial-quality equipment for all of your strength-training needs.
If you find a lower price on weight machines and gym equipment somewhere else, we’ll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.
Learn More About Weight Machines, Gym Equipment & More
Strength training can help athletes of all skill levels, and working out with weight machines offers a variety of benefits. Before taking up a weight-training regimen, you should think about your fitness needs and goals. Are you looking to build lean muscle mass, shed pounds or boost your functional stability?
Here are some tips to keep in mind before purchasing gym equipment and weight machines:
- Many home gym systems are designed to perform a variety of functions and can come with features like leg-curl stations and bench-press options—must-haves for dedicated power lifters.
- Consider the amount of space you have when purchasing gym equipment. A large power tower can give you the same workout you’d find at a commercial gym, while simple pull-up bars can be mounted in any doorway—an ideal option where space is limited.
- Portable strength-training tools have increased in popularity in recent years. Kettlebells and kettlebell sets, for example, are designed with a simple, versatile structure that provides a variety of training options for many athletes. A weighted vest is a simple way to boost your regular workout routine. Compact hand weights are a great way to add more of a workout your morning jog.
- Switch up your weight-training routine to maximize your results. Rotate use of bars, bands, free weights and weight machines alongside your cardio conditioning to keep your workout fresh.
- If you’re new to weight training, start slowly to help protect yourself. Remember, using too much weight can negatively impact your form and lead to injury. Always give your muscles time to rest and recover and consult your doctor before any change in routine.