Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Wood Baseball Bats
Wood Baseball Bats for Practice or Play
Step into the batter's box with performance in hand—a wood bat that delivers the right fusion of lightweight feel and powerful impact.
A baseball tradition, wood baseball bats are typically constructed of quality maple, ash, bamboo or composite wood materials. Remember when making your purchase that the type and quality of wood determines the life and quality of your bat.
At DICK'S Sporting Goods, you can find wood bats with regulation -3 drop, plus others that are crafted for slow-pitch softball. Browse bats ranging from 26 to 35 inches in length. Look authentic on the field with bats treated with high-gloss black, caramel or natural-wood finishes.
Shop wood baseball bats from some of the top names in the game, including:
- Marucci® Wood Bats
- Louisville Slugger® Wood Bats
- Rawlings® Wood Bats
- Mizuno® Wood Bats
- Victus Wood Bats
For more, check out the entire collection of baseball bats at DICK'S Sporting Goods.
If you find a lower price on wood baseball bats somewhere else, we'll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.
What to Look for in a Wood Baseball Bat
Wood bats give players that traditional "crack of the bat" feel and sound—features often highly desired by players. Wood bats are perfect for practice. After all, it's often said if you can hit with a wood bat, you can hit with any bat. Wood bats promote a more customized swing and correct batting form, which is what makes them ideal for the cage and training.
Consider the different kinds of woods used to construct your baseball bat:
- Maple is high-density wood that provides power, balance and easy handling. Its close-grain timber increases durability.
- Bamboo makes for high-density wood bats that feature a cupped end, making them lighter and quicker for more powerful swings. These bats also provide exceptional moisture control.
- Ash tends to flex rather than break on impact, creating a larger sweet spot for the batter. Walnut offers great grip, strength and durability.
- Ash Baseball Bats
- USSSA Hybrid Baseball Bats
- Easton Sports Composite Baseball Bats
- USSSA Composite Baseball Bats
- Easton Baseball Bats
- BBCOR Bats
- 2 1/4" Baseball Bats
- Best Baseball Bats - Top-Rated Adult & Youth Bats
- DeMarini Composite Baseball Bats
- Best Mizuno Baseball Bats
- USSSA 2 5/8" Baseball Bats
- Easton Sports USSSA Baseball Bats
- DeMarini 2 5/8" Baseball Bats
- Mizuno Wood Bats
- Rawlings 2 5/8" Baseball Bats
- B45 Wood Baseball Bats
- T-Ball Bats
- Marucci USSSA Baseball Bats