$259.99 - $319.99*
Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Camping Tents
Camping Tents for Overnight, Outdoor Adventures
Whatever your outdoor knowledge and trip length, DICK'S has the perfect camping tent for you.
Understanding the different types of camping and outdoor tents available will help you choose the best camping tent for your needs. A tent to take on a long backpacking expedition will require a different tent that you might use on a family camping trip.
If you buy a 2- or 3-person backpacking tent, you can travel light, yet you will have room for extra storage. Boots, backpacks and other materials are generally kept under a rain fly and outside of the tent. On the other hand, DICK'S has 10-person tents that are suited for large families or groups of people who need more space for sleeping and storing items. You can also shop a great selection of 4-person tents. Pop-up truck and SUV tents fit comfortably on SUVs and in truck beds for off-the-ground sleeping, especially great when you're limited on space.
If you find a lower price on a camping tent somewhere else, we'll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.
Looking for more? Shop canopy tents and pop-up canopies to keep you covered on the campground. Get all of your outdoor cooking gear with our selection of camping and portable grills. Plus, build your own survival kit to stay extra prepared with first aid, MRE and camping food and more.
Looking for additional options? Explore even more tents, tent tarps, and accessories at Public Lands, a specialty camping store with a purpose-driven mission to help all people enjoy the free outdoors.
Buying Considerations: Camping Tents, Hiking Tents & More
Tents are primarily categorized based on capacity, so it's helpful to know how many people you'll need to accommodate on your hike or camping trip.
Browse all tents from top brands at DICK'S Sporting Goods, including Eureka!®, Coleman® tents, The North Face® tents and more. Find the right size for your next camping or hiking trip, from one-person to 10-person tents.
Choosing the right tent for your activity level and trip duration will ensure a good night's sleep in the great outdoors.
Common Tent Types
- Cabin Tents: Best suited for established campgrounds or base camps. Ideal for families, these basic camping tents feature a large, square design with high ceilings, a rigid construction and vertical walls to accommodate cots, chairs, coolers and other creature comforts.
- Wall Tents: Also known as outfitters tents, wall tents are large, framed canvas tents that are popular with hunters and backcountry campers. Among the largest and most accommodating, these camping tents feature a rigid construction and provide lots of room.
- Dome Tents: Among the most popular types of family camping tents for their simple, easy to assemble construction. Available in sizes from a lightweight 2-person tent to a heavier to 6- or 9-person version, dome tents use flexible tent poles versus the rigid construction of cabin and wall tents.
Need help deciding? Check out the best camping tents for top-rated styles.
- SUV & Truck Tents
- Best Backpacking & Hiking Camping Tents
- Best Camping Tents
- Sleeps 10+ Camping Tents
- Eureka! Dome Camping Tents
- Slumberjack Camping Tents
- Kelty Camping Tents
- Dome Tents
- Cabin Tents
- Best Eureka! Camping Tents
- Eureka Tents
- Marmot Camping Tents
- Mountainsmith Camping Tents
- One Person Tents
- Backpacking Tents