Crossbows & Crossbow Equipment
$2049.99 - $2149.99
Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Crossbows
Crossbows & Crossbow Packages
Take your hunt to the next level with a powerful, dependable crossbow from DICK'S Sporting Goods. Shop a great selection of crossbows from trusted brands like Barnett®, TenPoint®, Ravin® and more. If you find a better price on a crossbow from another qualifying retailer, we'll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.
Types of Crossbows for Sale at DICK'S
There are essentially two types of crossbows available at DICK'S: compound crossbows and recurve crossbows.
- Compound crossbows are the most advanced type of crossbow, using a cam-and-cable system to bend the limbs and store up substantial power in a compact package. In general, compound crossbows are faster and ultimately more powerful than recurves.
- Recurve crossbows are preferred by some hunters for their simplicity and reliability. While recurves are typically less powerful than compounds, most models are perfectly capable of taking down game. The straightforward design promotes accuracy while helping to prevent complicated maintenance issues. Recurves typically have longer limbs compared to compounds, so keep this in mind if you plan to hunt from tight quarters.
If you need help deciding, check out our collection of top-rated crossbows. Each crossbow in this assortment has received a rating of at least four stars from DICK'S Sporting Goods customers.
Crossbow Buying Tips
Consider the following before buying your new crossbow.
- Draw Weight: Draw weight is key, as some states have specific minimum and maximum requirements for hunting to ensure ethical harvesting. Check your state's regulations before making your purchase. Power Stroke: Power stroke refers to the distance the bow string travels from its resting positon to its fully cocked positon. Typically, a longer power stroke will result in more speed.
- Axle-to-Axle: Axle-to-axle gives you an idea of the crossbow's width; it is the distance between the axles on each cam. Manufacturers will often provide axle-to-axle specifications for both cocked and uncocked positions. The smaller the width, the easier it should be to maneuver your crossbow in the field.
- Kinetic Energy: Kinetic energy (KE) essentially expresses how much force an arrow delivers when it hits its target. The higher the KE, the more power the arrow will have to penetrate the target.
Improve your accuracy with a quality crossbow scope from DICK'S.