$15.99 - $74.99
$3.99 - $10.99
$12.99 - $16.99
$15.99 - $29.99
$12.99 - $17.97
$12.99 - $32.99
$5.99 - $15.99
$8.99 - $10.99
WAS: $11.99 - $13.99*
$27.99 - $29.99
$9.99 - $16.99
$12.99 - $14.99
$12.99 - $13.99
$9.99 - $12.99
$4.99 - $8.97
WAS: $5.99 - $8.99*
$24.99 - $99.99
$6.99 - $12.99
$12.99 - $19.99
$9.99 - $19.99
WAS: $19.99 - $22.99*
$29.99 - $34.99
$19.97 - $33.99
$11.99 - $22.99
$9.99 - $10.99
$8.99 - $10.99
$34.97 - $39.97
$29.99 - $34.99
Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Fishing Line
Bring In The Catch: Shop Fishing Line At DICK'S Sporting Goods
Get the right fishing line for your next cast at DICK'S. Choose line from the best brands, like Berkley®, Sufix®, Spiderwire® and more.
Choose from over 100 fishing line options. No matter where you're fishing or what you're targeting, you'll find line that meets your needs here. Learn more about the main types of fishing line available at DICK'S.
- Braided Fishing Line: Braided line is strong and abrasion-resistant with very little stretch, making it more sensitive to bites. It's a great choice for use in thick cover.
- Fluorocarbon Fishing Line: The main advantage of fluorocarbon line is that it virtually disappears under water, adding stealth to your bait presentation.
- Monofilament Fishing Line: A classic option trusted by countless anglers, mono line is very castable and can typically be tied with little difficulty. It also floats, making it the ideal choice for topwater fishing lures.
- Ice Fishing Line: Ice fishing line is specially designed to resist freezing and tangling.
- Fly Fishing Line: Find the perfect line to fit your fly rod and fishing conditions.
Want to know what other anglers are using? Check out our collection of top-rated fishing line. All the line in this collection has received a 4- or 5-star rating from our customers.
You should also consider the following when choosing your fishing line.
Diameter: This determines the line's test strength which features improved line durability. Premium lines offer thinner diameters for increased strength and stability, while also providing you with a more sensitive line to help you feel the fish nibbling on your bait or lure.
Abrasion Resistance: When fishing lines are subjected to harsh conditions such as rocks, tree stumps and extreme weather conditions, they need to be abrasion-resistant. We provide line that withstands scuffing, nicks and the normal wear-and-tear from repeated casting.
Color: When looking for the perfect line color, consider finding one that is visible to you, while being nearly invisible to a fish.
- Low-visibility: A stealth-like line that blends into most underwater environments when the fish aren't biting or heavy fishing in the area has made the fish smarter.
- Low-visibility clear: This color works well in ultra-clear water.
- Clear/blue fluorescent: A perfect balance for sunlight to illuminate the line above the surface, while staying clear below the surface.
- High-visibility gold: This bright color makes it easier to see when a fish strikes and to view your line position in a current. This color is also beneficial for low-light conditions including dawn, dusk, and at night.
Density: The density of a line determines how it acts in the water. Some lines are very buoyant, while others sink to varying degrees. Anglers typically use floating fly lines to present dry flies, but this line type also works well with wet flies. Slightly more dense than floating lines, intermediate lines sink just below the surface of the water.