Rod & Reel Combos
$114.99 - $134.99
$94.99 - $104.99
$59.99 - $69.99
$99.99 - $119.99
WAS: $99.99 - $119.99*
$79.99 - $89.99
$79.99 - $89.99
$199.99 - $259.99
See Price In Cart
Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Fishing Rod & Reel Combos
Choose the Right Rod & Reel Combo
Whether you're a beginning angler or a seasoned pro, having the right fishing gear can make the difference in having a successful fishing expedition. No matter what type of fishing you prefer, rod and reel combos are assembled by experts in the field saving you time and money on assembling your own.
Available for both freshwater and saltwater fishing, fishing combos can be broken down into several basic types, some of which include:
- Freshwater Baitcasting Combos—Baitcasting rod and reel combos are recognized for a number of benefits that include greater control, fewer tangles and better performance with heavier line than some other options
- Spinning Combos—Spinning rod and reel combos are often valued for increased sensitivity and accuracy in a variety of conditions. Spinning rod combos range in length from just under five feet up to ten feet.
- Saltwater Combos—Built to withstand the corrosive properties of saltwater, these combos are your best option for ocean fishing.
For saltwater, longer spinning rods with extended handles are often paired with oversized reels to achieve greater distance. Freshwater rod and reel combos differ significantly, since extended distance is not always required.
Looking for additional options? Explore even more fly fishing reels, gear, and fishing electronics at Public Lands, a specialty hiking store with a purpose-driven mission to help all people enjoy the free outdoors.
An important part of any package, the fishing rod should be constructed using materials that will affect the rod's action in a way that will fit your experience level and the type of fish you looking to catch. The two most popular include:
- Fiberglass - A durable material, fiberglass is a good all-around material with average strength and weight. It can handle fish in a range of sizes.
- Graphite - Offering superior strength and weight, graphite fishing rods are preferred by advanced anglers because they are versatile performers that provide an excellent fighting power to land fighting fish.
The primary mechanism used to dispense and retrieve fishing line, the fishing reel is of equal importance to rod and reel combos.
Often referred to as a "reel housing", the reel body is the frame on which all other components are mounted is available in several different materials including aluminum and graphite. Aluminum is stronger and preferred by many, however graphite is lighter and has many corrosion resistant qualities.
Searching for rod and reel combos can take some time, however find the right match for your level of experience and skill will dramatically improve your level of success. However to help you find the perfect combination, consider these tips:
- Consider a skirted spool for saltwater reels for greater distance and fewer tangles
- Generally, the more ball bearings a reel has the more smoothly It will perform
- Look for Balance: A good rod & reel combo should feel balanced and easy to maneuver