Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Home Gyms & Home Gym Equipment
Your Space, Your Workout: Home Gym Equipment
Set up your ideal workout area with home gym equipment from DICK'S Sporting Goods. Find a variety of home gym options, including plate-loaded gyms, band or cord-based gyms, body weight gyms and more.
A home gym, sometimes referred to as a universal gym or multi-station gym, typically combines multiple functions in one piece of equipment. Home gyms vary in their designs and functions, so make sure to check individual product pages to find the best home gym for your specific training goals. Shop kettlebells, yoga mats & more to complete your home gym experience.
Consider the following when buying a home gym:
- Home gyms provide a comprehensive range of exercises, allowing you to work many different muscle groups and create personalized workout routines to help you reach your fitness goals.
- You can choose from complete multi-station gyms or add individual units like squat racks, lat pull stations, and more. Weight lifting attachments can only be added to select multi-station gyms.
- Determine the amount of space you can devote to your home gym. Measure the dimensions of the room or space you have for your gym and compare the measurements to the size of the home gym you are considering. Be sure to allow plenty of room around the perimeter of your gym, so you can exercise and move from station to station easily. This will also help determine the amount of mats and rubber gym flooring you need.
- Some home gyms are designed for commercial or light commercial use.
If you find a lower price on a home gym somewhere else, we'll match it with our Best Price Guarantee. Check out customer reviews of home gyms and see individual product descriptions for full details and measurements to ensure you're getting the right equipment for your space and goals.
Tips for Using Home Gym Equipment
Make the most of your new home gym by following these recommendations:
- Use a high-quality gym mat to protect your floor and reduce the chances of damage to your weights from being dropped or dragged on a hard surface.
- One of the biggest advantages of a home gym or universal gym is that it's always available. Think about your daily schedule, choose the time that is most convenient for a workout and build gym time into your routine.
- If you're working with a limited budget or are unsure of your equipment needs, consider starting with basic weights and free weights. As time goes on, you can add new weights, bench press and weight benches and other equipment to suit your goals. You can also shop home gyms by price.
- When you're planning your home gym, take the time to determine what you want to get out of your gym, so you can buy the best home gym equipment and weight lifting gloves and accessories for your needs.