Humminbird Fish Finders & GPS
Learn More About Humminbird Fish Finders
Make the most of your time on the water with a Humminbird® fish finder from DICK’S Sporting Goods. Whether you’re heading for freshwater or setting off for the coast, you’ll find a Humminbird device to meet your needs in this collection. Since the release of its first fish finder 1971, Humminbird® has been an innovative industry leader. Learn more about the advanced technology packed inside select Humminbird fish finders and choose the model that best meets your needs on the water.
Humminbird CHIRP Sonar
CHIRP stands for “Compressed High Energy Radar Pulse.” Unlike traditional 2D sonar that utilizes one, two or three frequencies, CHIRP covers a wide range of frequencies to provide a much more detailed view of what’s below. Humminbird’s latest sonar advancement — Dual Spectrum CHIRP —provides full spectrum capability plus the ability to choose your own start and end frequencies. A proprietary, best-in-class transducer maximizes fish detail and the coverage area.
Over the years, Humminbird has set itself apart with remarkable breakthroughs in imaging technology. These game-changing advancements include:
- MEGA Imaging+: This high-frequency beam scans across the megahertz range to provide incredible, picture-like detail, with an expanded depth range and side coverage areas.
- Side Imaging (SI): An ultra-thin beam instantly scans the areas on the sides of your boat location, giving you a complete picture of what’s beneath.
- Down Imaging (DI): Down Imaging is produced by high-frequency sonar beams transmitting in ultra-thin slices through the water column. The result is a portrait-like snapshot of what’s beneath the boat — fish, timber, brush, rocks and more.
- 360 Imaging: This technology sends out a 150-foot sonar signal on each side of your boat, creating a 360-view to keep you one step ahead of the action.
Many Humminbird fish finder devices include mapping features to help you get to productive locations more quickly. Learn more about Humminbird’s mapping technology.
- Basemap: Utilizing data from LakeMaster and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Basemap provides clear, detailed views of underwater terrain, along with contours, depth markings and spot soundings for coastal areas. You can also mark key navigation aids and points of interest with Humminbird’s comprehensive icon system.
- AutoChart Live: Available on the SOLIX Series and all GPS-equipped HELIX Series models, AutoChart allows you to create detailed maps of your location in real time. AutoChart will map your route as you drive the boat, with up to eight hours of recording time. Once your map is live, you can see vegetation, bottom hardness and depth contours to identify the most promising fishing spots.
- Humminbird LakeMaster: The LakeMaster library includes more than 10,000 lakes located throughout North America. Enjoy easy-to-read contours, highlighted depth ranges and more.
- SmartStrike: SmartStrikes saves you time by taking you right to the action. When you enter information like time of year, time of day, temperature and target species, SmartStrike will identify areas where fish are most likely to bite.
Now that you know more about Humminbird technology, consider which features you need to have in your device. Start by checking out these top sellers:
- Humminbird Helix 5 G2 DI GPS Fish Finder:Combines CHIRP and Down Imaging® sonar with versatile display options for a detailed view beneath the water. In addition, the GPS with AutoChart LIVE real-time mapping accurately tracks your boat. SmartStrike predictive search helps you find the best fishing spot based on fish species, time of year, weather and bottom topography.
- Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA DI G3N GPS Fish Finder: Features MEGA Down Imaging sonar for exceptional underwater clarity and detail. In addition, this versatile device has Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar with two search modes for coverage and detail, as well as SwitchFire Sonar with two display modes to adjust your sonar return appearance. The built-in GPS, Humminbird Basemap and AutoChart Live real-time mapping ensure effortless navigation.
- Humminbird Solix 12 SI+ G2 GPS Fish Finder: Features MEGA Side Imaging+ and MEGA Down Imaging+ sonar for the clearest view beneath and to the sides of your boat. The built-in GPS, basemap and AutoChart Live tech offer effortless navigation to get you where you need to be. Includes multiple networking options and an HD touchscreen.