Take your hunt to the next level with a dependable ladder tree stand from DICK'S Sporting Goods. Shop a great selection of one- and two-person ladder stands from trusted brands like Field & Stream®, Muddy®, Rivers Edge® and more. If you find a better price on a ladder stand from another qualifying retailer, we'll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.
Ladder stands are stable, easy-to-climb designs ideal for use in long-term hunting spots that you'll use throughout the season, or even year to year. You can set up your ladder stands well in advance of opening day, giving game a chance to get used to their presence. Then, when it's time to hunt, ladder stands allow you to climb in quietly and sit comfortably while you wait for the perfect shot.
Think about the following when purchasing a ladder stand from DICK'S:
- Height: The height of a ladder stand typically refers to the distance from the ground to the seat or shooting rail; some manufacturers will also list the height to the platform. A taller tree stand may give you a better chance to effectively conceal your scent and silhouette, but choose the height you're most comfortable with. If you want the freedom to go higher, shop our selection of climbing stands and hang-on stands.
- Weight: Keep in mind how much weight you'll be transporting to your hunting spot. If you can reach your spot with a truck or ATV, this is less of a concern, but be aware of the stand's weight if you have to carry it on foot.
- Seat: Look for a roomy, forgiving seat that will keep you comfortable throughout long days in the stand. A backrest can add additional support.
- Platform Size: A deep, spacious platform will provide superior comfort and can help hunters feel more secure in the stand.
- Weight Capacity: Make sure you choose a stand that can support your full weight including any gear you'll have in the stand
- Shooting Clearance: If you'll use your ladder stand during archery season, look for a flip-up shooting rail and seat to ensure you have a clear line to your target.
Make sure you're setting up your ladder stands in good spots. Lure bucks to your land with deer attractants, and monitor activity with the latest game cameras and cellular trail cameras from DICK'S.