$69.00 - $79.00
$89.00 - $99.00
$109.00 - $119.00
$59.99 - $69.99
WAS: $65.00 - $75.00*
$59.99 - $69.99
$39.99 - $49.99
$49.99 - $59.99
Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Sleeping Bags
Finding The Right Sleeping Bag For The Great Outdoors
Settle in for the night with cozy sleeping bags, crafted for the campground.
Sleeping bags help you bring some of the comforts of home to the great outdoors. And there's a sleeping bag for just about every kind of camper: Campground-goers can opt for plus bags with a little extra sleeping room, while hikers and trail campers should choose bags that are lightweight, compact and more closely sized to the body.
What kind of conditions will you be camping in? Synthetic insulation better handles wet weather and moisture, while down, though supremely warm, is highly susceptible to moisture. When exposed to water, this natural material tends to lose all its warming power.
Outdoor adventurers can cozy up with a variety of fabrics and features. Select from mummy sleeping bags, rectangular bags, double sleeping bags and children's sleeping bags. For maximum comfort on your trip, shop the selection of air mattresses at DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Packing up for your trip? Shop the entire collection of camping supplies and equipment for more.
The insulation in your sleeping bag determines the level of warmth it will provide. Most bags have either synthetic or natural down insulation sandwiched between the bag's outer shell and inner lining. Always note your sleeping bag's carry weight and fill weight: Carry weight is how much your sleeping bag weighs—and this is a critical factor if you'll be trekking with your sleeping bag in tow. Fill weight denotes the level of warmth provided by your insulation. The higher the fill weight, the more warmth your bag provides.
Consider the various components of a sleeping bag:
- Hood: Prevents heat from escaping the neck, head and shoulders. Hoods are shaped in a variety of designs, including form-fitting hoods for trail campers and flat hoods for campground and wilderness campers. Mummy sleeping bags feature draft collars, or tubes of insulation inside the hood.
- Chest Baffles: Tubes of insulation that wrap across the chest to prevent heat loss in the torso area.
- Footboxes: Eliminate dead air around the feet. Footboxes come in different shapes and sizes, from wide and roomy to form-fitting and snug.
- Outer Shell: Available in a variety of materials, including nylon, polyester, cotton and canvas duck. Nylon, cotton and poly-cottons are lightweight and soft, while canvas duck provides rugged protection in harsh conditions.
Now, consider the different sleeping bag shapes:
- Mummy sleeping bags are cut for wider space in the shoulders and a narrow fit in the leg and foot area. This snug design minimizes dead air for added, efficient warmth in cool temperatures
- Rectangular sleeping bags provide extra space in the leg and shoulder area, making them an ideal choice for wide-frame backpackers or those who move around frequently during sleep.
- Semi-rectangular bags provide a blend of both styles. These bags feature a tapered foot area and additional room in the torso, so campers benefit from both added warmth and room.