Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Table Tennis Equipment
Game Classics: Indoor & Outdoor Table Tennis
Table tennis is a game room staple. It's fun, easy to play and everyone can join in on the action. From your basement rec room to your backyard or deck, get ready to play table tennis with the full assortment of table tennis gear from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Based on the game of tennis and developed in Victorian England, table tennis can be played indoors or outdoors by two to four players. What makes table tennis a great choice for your game room? This simple game can be played by kids or novices, yet more experienced players can easily up the intensity for a more challenging match. Table tennis includes a table, central net, table tennis ball and small paddles for each player.
Explore the complete table tennis collection at DICK'S Sporting Goods:
What to Look for in Table Tennis Equipment
If you're serious about your game, choose a table tennis table that meets dimensions established by the International Table Tennis Federation—9 feet by 4 feet and 30 inches tall.
Consider where you will use your table before making your purchase:
- Outdoor Table Tennis: Enjoy a table tennis game at your next summer barbeque. Bring the game outside with a table designed to withstand the elements. Choose an outdoor table coated with aluminum, which prevents warping, scratching and cracking. Powder-coated steel legs provide stability.
- Indoor Table Tennis: Indoor table tennis tables are generally built with a wood or composite surface, which provides quick response and bounce for intense play. Some systems fold for better storage when not in use.
Where space is limited, go for a mini table tennis table, rollaway table or a tabletop version that fits over an existing billiards table.
The game can't get underway without table tennis paddles. Some players choose pre-packaged table tennis kits, which include complete paddles, or rackets, and other accessories like table tennis balls.
Experienced players assemble their paddle from three distinct parts: A wooden handle, blade and rubber blade covering. This configuration enables players to better control the feel and performance of their paddle.
The rubber blade covering comes in varying degrees of thickness. As a general rule, thicker padding creates faster speed but reduces control. A thinner rubber layer promotes more precise shots. Get a grip on your game. Table tennis paddles that come with a concave handle provide better feel and performance.
Looking for more ways to bring fun and games indoors? Check out the complete collection of indoor games at DICK'S Sporting Goods.
- Stiga Table Tennis Equipment
- Best Prince Table Tennis Equipment
- Best Butterfly Table Tennis Equipment
- Best Table Tennis Equipment
- JOOLA Table Tennis Equipment
- Table Tennis Balls
- Table Tennis Accessories
- Butterfly Table Tennis Equipment
- Table Tennis Paddles
- Table Tennis Tables
- Sport Squad Table Tennis Equipment
- Prince Table Tennis Equipment
- Best JOOLA Table Tennis Equipment