$159.98 - $259.00
WAS: $279.99 - $299.99*
Find what you are looking for?
Learn More About Kayaks
Shop Kayak Deals & More at DICK'S
How to Choose the Right Kayak for You
Heading to the water? Your adventure begins with a kayak from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Kayaking is a great outdoor activity for all ages and skill levels. Paddle sports can help improve cardiovascular health as well as muscle strength throughout the body. Plus, many kayakers enjoy scenic views and peaceful waters — it's a perfect way to relax and take in nature.
Recreational kayaks are easy to use and maneuver in the water. More specialized vessels, including whitewater and fishing kayaks, are designed with utility in mind. When choosing your kayak, think about your skill level and water environment as well as storage and transportation needs.
- Sit-In Kayaks: These "traditional kayaks" are designed with an interior seat. They offer easy paddling on the water and can feature storage space for your belongings.
- Inflatable Kayaks: Make storage a breeze. Just deflate your vessel and skip the boat rack. These kayaks are stable and effective on the water, made with high-quality, abrasion-resistant materials as well as multiple air chambers.
- Sit-on-Top Kayaks: Great for beginners or those who may have difficulty getting in and out of traditional kayaks.
- Fishing Kayaks: Often come with rod holders, built-in tackle boxes and other storage features for anglers. They also offer extra stability-so anglers can stand up to cast or get a better view of activity below the surface.
- Whitewater Kayaks: Compact and agile for taking on rapids and more technical water conditions. Skilled kayakers can best handle these boats.
- 2-Person Kayaks: Share you next on-water adventure with a tandem kayak with plenty of space for two. Choose an adjustable option to accommodate kids, pets or solo paddling.
Looking for additional options? Explore even more kayaks, life vests, and paddle sports gear at Public Lands, a specialty outdoor shop with a purpose-driven mission to help all people enjoy the free outdoors.
Paddling a kayak is an especially unique means of adventuring in the great outdoors.
Today's kayaks are equipped with performance features that help you make the most of your time on the water. You can get ample seating room, storage space and excellent durability in the latest vessels.
Keep these factors in mind when choosing your new kayak:
- The longer and narrower your kayak is, the faster and easier it will be to maneuver. Compact kayaks, meanwhile, offer more stability on the water.
- The weight capacity of kayaks can vary greatly, so consult product information for your vessel's specifics. Remember that this capacity includes both the boater's body weight and any additional items aboard the kayak.
- Kayaks come with several different hull types. Streamlined hulls are called "shallow V," and they provide exceptional maneuverability. Wide, balanced hulls are called "pontoon," and "multi-chine" hulls offer a balance of agility and stability.
Shop kayaks and stand-up paddle boards for hours of excitement on the water.