Sports Backpacks & Gym Bags
Learn More About Sports Backpacks & Gym Bags
Backpacks, Gym Bags & Daypacks for Work or Sport
Sports backpacks and gym bags help you tackle the day ahead. At DICK'S Sporting Goods, you'll find a great bag to fit your individual needs. From holding books, trail supplies or a change of clothes, you'll be prepared for whatever the day throws at you.
No matter your daily routine, you need a bag that blends utility features with a comfortable, functional design. Bring along your tablet or laptop in a classic backpack or sackpack or tow along your cleats and equipment in sport-specific bags.
Take on the trail with daypacks and frame packs from top brands, including High Sierra® backpacks and bags. Heading out for a morning run? Zip up your essentials into a sleek athletic fanny pack. For more extended outings, turn to hydration packs, which keep you replenished as you move. Travelers love the convenience of wheeled options, while totes and yoga bags are the perfect solution for your next studio session.
Dry bags are great for boaters and kayakers, offering a safe space to keep your essentials moisture free. And little ones heading to school will love the fun, fresh styles of the latest designs for kids.
Not done shopping? Check out the full collection of apparel and footwear accessories at DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Choose the Perfect Sports Backpack for Your Gear
The straps of your backpack should be stiff enough to support the weight without sagging. Contoured, S-curve straps provide a comfortable, ergonomic fit. Foam in the shoulder and hip belts provide added cushion, while mesh-lined straps keep the bag breathable on your shoulders. Compression-molded straps deliver the best support available.
Before making your purchase, think about how you will use your new bag. Learn more about the different type of bags and packs available at DICK’S Sporting Goods:
- Daypacks are intended for use by hikers and campers on shorter trails and trips, and are generally lightweight, soft backed or frameless.
- Sports backpacks feature compartments for equipment, footwear and water bottles.
- School backpacks and bookbags are designed to carry multiple books, papers and travel accessories, are generally frameless, and have internal pockets for extra organization.
- Internal-frame packs are made for long hikes and feature rigid frames that help position the weight of your load.
- External-frame packs support heavy loads from attached pack and harnesses. These designs are cooler to carry in hot temperatures because the pack does not rest against your back, allowing air to circulate.
- Hydration packs are designed to provide water while you're on the move. Drink water via a tube equipped with a non-leaking valve.
Do you spend a ton of time on the trail? Check out more incredible camping and hiking gear from DICK'S Sporting Goods.