Get in on the Fun with Dartboards & Darts Scoring
Shop dartboards for sale from DICK'S Sporting Goods. Browse all electronic dartboards and bristle dartboards from top-rated brands for hours of indoor fun.
Bring a dartboard home for year-round fun. The quintessential rec room game, playing darts is fun for the whole family.
Use this quick darts guide to learn the ropes and set yourself up for a win, whether you’re playing at home or out with friends at a local pub.
Most dart locations have their own house rules, but the following are standard guidelines to help you get started:
Darts Shooting Order
- To decide who shoots first, both players shoot for the bull's-eye. The player who comes closest gets the first shot and each player alternates turns thereafter.
- One turn consists of three darts thrown from behind the oche, or throw-line.
Legal Throws in Darts
- The dart's point must touch the board to count for points.
- Darts that miss the board completely, or bounce to the floor after hitting the board, do not score. A missed dart cannot be thrown again. However, a player may pick up and play a dropped dart.
Scoring in Darts
The playing area is divided into wedges. Each wedge has a point value marked along the outer edge. Two rings overlap the playing area, signaling double or triple point sections. The point sections on a dartboard are as follows:
- Single (face value) points
- Double points ring (the outermost ring)
- Triple points ring (the ring closer to bull's-eye)
- Single bull, 25 points
- Double bull, 50 points
- Mount the dartboard on a wall. To make your game regulation, make sure the double bull center is 5 foot 8 inches from the floor.
- Mark the oche, or toe-line, at 7 feet 9.25 inches from the board's face. Take the board's depth when measuring and marking the toe-line. For example, bristle dartboards have an average depth of 1.5 inches, so the toe line should be 7 feet 10.74 inches from the wall.
If you find a lower price on dartboards somewhere else, we’ll match it with DICK’S Best Price Guarantee.