Learn More About Fishing Sunglasses
Spot Your Catch Clearly: Shop Fishing Sunglasses
Spot your next trophy catch with sunglasses optimized for your day by the water.
Fishing sunglasses are crafted for the unique needs of an angler. Experience remarkable vision and eye protection—and see what’s beneath the surface.
Select sunglasses in a variety of styles and shades for the look that’s right for you. Specific lens materials and tints are designed for the various fishing conditions you may encounter.
Glare reduces your ability to see under water structures and spot fish. It also causes eye strain and fatigue.
Quality polarized lenses are designed to eliminate most reflective glare and protect your vision against harmful UV rays. Polarized lenses reduce the amount of light reflected off surfaces. Consider the different lens materials available for your fishing sunglasses.
What are the best fishing sunglasses?
- Gray is excellent for day-to-day use. Gray lenses transmit an array of colors from the spectrum for minimal distortion. Gray lenses are ideal for bright, sunny days and open water fishing.
- Copper is a high-contrast tint that soothes the eyes. This hue absorbs blue light to heighten visual acuity and boost contrast.
- Brown provides optimal tint for a variety of fishing conditions. Brown tints provide excellent contrast and true color perception. Choose brown for shallow water streams and flats fishing in medium to bright light.
- Amber lenses are ideal in low-light conditions, including first and last light or heavily overcast skies.
Your fishing sunglasses should be designed for durability—look for lenses constructed of scratch and impact-resistant plastics and metals. Also keep in mind lens materials:
- Glass lenses provide the best visual acuity and scratch resistance.
- Polycarbonate lenses are ultra-lightweight and resistant to impact. These lenses are easier to scratch than traditional glass lenses.
- Acrylic lenses eliminate reflective glare and provide moderate durability.