Learn More About Hand Grips
Train Anywhere with Hand Grips
Support your training goals with the help of a hand grip from DICK’S Sporting Goods.
A good grip is essential for a variety of athletes, whether you’re using weights in the gym, rock climbing or swinging a bat, golf club or racquet. Hand grips help with exercises for your hands, wrists and forearms, so you can better support specific areas of your training.
When looking for a hand grip, you may see other terms used, such as hand gripper, hand strengthener, grip trainer, grip strengthener and hand exerciser. Despite the different names, all of these products are designed for the same purpose and include several of the same features.
Here are some things to consider when buying a hand grip:
- There are different levels of resistance. Choose from light-, medium- and heavy-resistance hand grips.
- Some hand grips can be adjusted for a variety of weight resistances. Adjustable hand grips allow you to adjust the resistance without the need for multiple grippers.
- Hand grips come in a range of materials and designs, including solid metal, plastic–metal combo with stainless steel springs, gel, silicone rings, putty, and latex bags with sand fill.
- Comfort is key. Look for a hand gripper that is contoured or designed with an ergonomic grip.
- Some spring-loaded hand grips feature finger-piston technology to isolate fingers individually for better coordination.
- Check individual product descriptions for specific details.
The compact design of a hand gripper is a major plus—take your training on the go or use your grip trainer at work.
If you find a lower price on a hand grip somewhere else, we’ll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.