Winter Coats & Jackets
Learn More About Winter Coats & Jackets
Holiday Deals on Winter Coats + Great Gift Ideas
Check out all the amazing ways to save big this holiday season when you shop DICK’S Sporting Goods holiday deals. There are hundreds of great gifts for every fan and athlete on your list!
Choose from a variety of holiday gifts from top coat brands like Patagonia®, Columbia®, The North Face® and more. You’ll find incredible holiday deals on winter coats, jackets and more for your friends and family.
If you find a lower price on Winter Coats & Jackets somewhere else, we’ll match it with our Best Price Guarantee.
Deals this good don’t last forever! Don’t miss out on the latest 2018 holiday sales online and in store at DICK’S Sporting Goods. Looking for a store near you? Use the DICK’S Store Locator and get ready for some serious shopping.
Stay Warm with Winter Coats & Vests for the Whole Family
Prepare for whatever Mother Nature has in store with the latest cold-weather technologies and technical fabrics. You’ll be ready for what lies ahead with a full collection of burly down coats, innovative three-in-one system jackets, lightweight fleece vests—and just about everything in between.
From zippered cargo pockets and cozy fleece liners to thermo-reflective fabrics and waterproof materials, you’re sure to find the jacket or vest that matches your journey. Choose from a variety of colors, styles and silhouettes for men and women.
How to Find the Right Winter Jacket or Vest
Looking for the right jacket this winter? Use these guidelines to find the outerwear that’s right for you:
- Layers: If you need a little extra versatility, try a three-in-one system jacket. This style can be customized based on the varying weather of the day. Or try layering a lightweight fleece jacket beneath a soft shell jacket.
- Water Resistant vs. Waterproof: Water-resistant styles have some permeability. This outerwear is breathable and comfortable for a variety of activities. Waterproof styles, however, completely block water penetration for superior protection, though they often limit breathability. Some materials are actually designed to repel moisture on contact.
- Lining: Inner liners promote comfort and warmth when you need it most. Look for fleece, microfleece or soft brushed fabric—particularly if you’ll be spending long hours outdoors.
- Cold-Weather Training: Working out in the cold? Try a vest or running jacket. These options allow for increased mobility.
- Temperature: For extreme conditions, choose an insulated jacket. Jackets typically come with temperature designations or guidelines. The level of warmth provided is designated by the jacket’s “fill rating.” The higher the fill rating, the more warmth the jacket will provide.
- Natural vs. Synthetic Insulation: Though natural down insulation has a superior warmth-to-weight ratio, synthetic insulation is much more water resistant.