Kids' Athletic Shoes
Learn More About Kids' Athletic Shoes
Ready for Play: Kids’ Athletic Shoes & Tennis Shoes
Your kids are always on their feet, so they need a quality pair of kids’ athletic shoes to keep up with them. Get your budding athlete ready for the field, track or classroom with kids’ running shoes and more from DICK’S Sporting Goods.
Check out the latest colors, designs and footwear features that will help them look and feel great on the go. Most kids’ tennis shoes are designed with lightweight uppers, ultra-durable outsoles and the foot support they need for everyday wear.
From the playground to the playing field, they’ll love shoes from big brands like Nike®, Under Armour®, New Balance® and adidas®. Get the newest styles, including:
This collection has shoes for every age and activity. Shop toddler tennis shoes, plus preschool and grade school sizes. Find kids’ sports shoes for basketball, tennis and cheerleading. If they’re off to the track or gym class, pick up the latest running and training shoes for kids.
Looking for other great shoes for your kids? Browse all kids’ shoes for casual styles, cleats and more.
What to Look for in Kids’ Athletic Shoes
Kids’ running shoes and athletic sneakers should be totally ready for play—designed for a comfortable, lightweight fit as your kids run, jump and explore.
Specialized features and footwear technologies help your child get the most out of their new shoes, so keep these details in mind before making your purchase:
- Uppers: For breathability and comfort, look for shoes with mesh overlays or panels along the upper. If your child is taking on the great outdoors, try a shoe with leather or synthetic leather uppers for durability, protection and abrasion resistance.
- Outsoles: Flexible grooves along the outsole of kids’ running shoes promote natural movement through the gait cycle. Many shoes come with outsoles that are maximized for traction. Dense rubber outsoles are incredibly durable. For gym class, choose kids’ athletic shoes with non-marking rubber.
- Midsoles: The midsole of your child’s running shoe should provide strategic cushioning and shock absorption. EVA is a commonly used midsole material. This soft, responsive foam delivers cushion on every step. Other materials, including polyurethane and TPU, offer a denser, stiffer feel, which supports foot stability. Built-in shoe planks and shanks are also sometimes included in the midsole of a running shoe. These features help improve support within footwear.
- Lining: When choosing a pair of running shoes for kids, look for styles that feature an inner sockliner. Sockliners enhance fit and comfort while helping reduce irritation. Many liners are composed of innovative microfibers that wick perspiration away from skin, helping your kids’ feet stay dry and fresh as they play.
- Lockdown & Closure Systems: A variety of closure methods are available. For little ones, you’ll love the easy on and off of Velcro® sneakers. Older kids can get the lockdown fit of laces, available in a spectrum of fun hues.
Complete your kids’ look with some of the coolest trends in girls’ activewear and boys’ activewear. You can also find shoes for everyone in the family with the complete collection of footwear at DICK’S Sporting Goods.