Learn More About Rechargeable LED Flashlights & Lanterns
Bright LED Flashlights & Lanterns for Hiking & Camping
Stay prepared for the unexpected with a high performance LED flashlight from DICK’S Sporting Goods. Explore dozens of LED options, including pen lights, tactical flashlights, diving flashlights, lanterns, and other popular styles.
Whether you’re looking for standard battery-powered flashlights or rechargeable LED flashlights, shop lights from brands like Fenix®, PROTEC®, Coleman®, Dorcy® and Barska®. You can choose from single flashlights or multi-flashlight packs in an array of appealing colors, as well as specialized LED flashlights including scorpion detection lights, cap clip lights and hunting flashlights with camo patterns.
LED flashlights deliver bright, clear light and exceptional durability. When you’re shopping for a new flashlight or set of flashlights, keep the following considerations in mind:
- Small LED flashlights are a useful addition to any emergency preparation kit. Their compact size makes it easy to store them with other emergency supplies, and their impressive efficiency can allow them to provide hours of light when needed.
- Some feature multiple light settings, allowing you to select a long-distance spotlight, a low-light beam for reading or an intense narrow beam for precise work.
- Headlamps and cap clip versions can help you see clearly and keep your hands free while hiking, cycling or fishing in low light conditions.
With their long-lasting bulbs and efficient battery use, LED flashlights are ideal for camping, hunting, household use and more. Here are some additional ways you might use your new flashlight:
- Some LED utility lights feature plastic cases that float in water, making them useful for low light boating excursions. They can also add a festive touch to a swimming pool, fountain or pond.
- LED lights use fewer batteries and bulbs, making them an environmentally friendly choice for all outdoor enthusiasts.
- Many LED lights have a lightweight, ergonomic design for easy use.
Looking for more? Browse all camping & hiking equipment from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Before you choose your new LED lantern, take a moment to consider how you will use your lantern and what features you might need. The points below can help you narrow down the options as you shop:
- Larger lanterns are a good choice for use at a base camp or other location where you will be staying for several days. Large lanterns typically illuminate a larger area, but may be too large to be carried comfortably on lengthy hikes.
- Smaller lanterns are usually lighter in weight and able to fit in hiking backpacks for those who are planning to carry all of their gear with them for extended periods.
- LED lanterns are an excellent addition to any emergency or first aid kit, as they can provide hours of illumination on a single set of batteries. Some LED lanterns are designed to provide continuous light for a week or even longer when used on a low-light setting, making them highly useful in situations when other electrical power is unavailable.
- To expand your lighting options, consider an LED lantern with removable light panels. This style of lantern is useful for lighting an area from several directions at once, or for providing more intense light when you need to make repairs or do other intricate work while at the campsite.