Gift Wrap Hacks: Two Ways to Wrap a Yoga Mat
Become a gift-giving guru with this Pro Tips guide on how to wrap a yoga mat.
When choosing gifts for yoga lovers, it’s hard to go wrong with a new mat. A mat can be a great gift, whether you’re buying for your yogi's birthday or need something for under the tree. However, due to their odd shape, wrapping them can pose a challenge. Pro Tips is here with two ways to make sure that the only bag needed is the one that your yoga enthusiast takes to class.
ROLL IT UP
You can breathe easy with this manageable mat-wrapping method. With only five items on the supply list, this yoga gift idea is as simple as a Savasana.
- Craft paper
- Cut craft paper so that it’s large enough to cover the yoga mat. Make sure there is excess paper remaining lengthwise.
- Place the mat on the paper, roll the paper and tape it closed.
- Using the scissors, cut the ends of the paper into inch-wide strips. Fold the strips and tape them down.
- Finish by adding ribbon and twine embellishments to give a personal flair.
TISSUE PAPER TECHNIQUE
This technique for how to wrap a yoga mat involves stacking tissue and craft paper. With a similar look to a candy wrapper, this approach lets you give the appearance of something sweet before your yogi works up a sweat.
- Tissue paper
- Craft paper
- Double-sided tape
- Using double-sided tape, tape tissue paper together to create a sheet about two times the size of the mat.
- Place the mat in the center of the paper and roll. Tape the paper closed.
- Wrap a sheet of craft paper around the center of the mat to create a band. Tape it closed.
- On each end, tie the excess tissue paper with a ribbon.